Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a pacesetter header on my 4af motor. I was wondering if any of you guys new of someone else who makes headers for the 4af, cause I can't find any. Also I was wondering if a just bought a header that was made for a 4age motor if that would work, or if the studs on the head would not line up. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
did ya try the search button? theres been lots of threads about header packages for 4A-F.
Also I was wondering if a just bought a header that was made for a 4age motor if that would work
Wont work.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basically what I read from past posts is that pacesetter is pretty much the only available header for the 4af. I was reading something about a 7afe header that might fit. I have read some of your posts flashman, and I definetly respect your viewpoint about the 4af as I myself am an avid 4af supporter. Also, has anyone out there tried an msd ignition on their 4af. Is it worth it. I am currently running a weber 32/36, ported intake manifold, 240 cams and a pacesetter header. I was thinking that msd would be my next thing. Thanks

·
Banned
245 Posts
Hey drozy, how are my cams working out for ya? easy to install huh?

Btw, a 7AFE header will work and check out eBay.. I got my 4AF/7AFE headers on there and they are really nice.. very good welds and thick steel tubes and flanges. Only paid 175 shipped header w/connecting pipe

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Punisher,
haven't got them in yet, I'm at school and probably won't be able to until after hunting season. But I don't thank you for getting them to me. Just out of curiosity, what brand is that 7afe header, I'm sure whatever it is, it will flow a lot better than my pacesetter.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet dude. Hey punisher, do you know much about msd ignitions. Are they worth it? I'm thinking about getting one, because I think it should fit in nicely with my mods.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Hmmm I don't know.. not many options really.. might be better off considering fuel injection.. from like the 4AFE.. more things could be done with that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been told that the stock manifold flows almost just as well as a header on a 4af. Is this true?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't want to deal with the wiring harness bs of converting to fuel injection, plus I have a weber 32/36 and don't want to waist that investment. Not only that, but I don't think converting to fuel injection is going to give any substantial performance increase.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Technically no it won't give you any performance increase, however it will give you reliability and efficiency increase.

But with fuel injection you could do an easy ITB setup.. that would increase performance.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You mean using like motorcycle carbs as ITB's. By the way, I think I was talking to you one time on the club4ag forum and you were telling me about swapping a 7afe head onto a 4af block? Just wondering because I might eventually pursue this idea, if its even worth the trouble.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Yea.. u could do that.. or a G head .. 20V head.. etc.

Nah, I ment if you switch over to EFI you could use the 20V ITB's.. I mean now you could setup motorcycle carbs for a dual or quad carb setup.. but it's very tricky to tune.. I know, I tried and it really isn't worth it. Way to much hassle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts