Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey are there any good headers for the 95 camry. Possibly any that aren't gonna take out the cat and make installation a pain?

·
Registered
214 Posts
i think the only header made for the 5sfe is bosal/brospeed and you'll need custom piping for that...

i remember tony saying he got a header for one side of his v6 block but i can't remember if it was custom or not...but you have a 4banger, so that's a bit pointless for me to bring up

·
Registered
137 Posts
Since we are on the subject of headers. There is a local exhaust shop that has a few mandrel benders. This guy has made custom headers for all kinds of cars. From what im told he would measure the factory demensions then plasma cutt the mounts from the old pipe and bend new thicker pipe then port the mounts and reweld the new pipes to the mounts. Do you think this would be worth it? I would also have him do a y-pipe. Everything would bolt up to factory locations. I haven't got a price quoted but im working on it. BTW this would be for my 96 1mz.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Lyons451 said:
Hey are there any good headers for the 95 camry. Possibly any that aren't gonna take out the cat and make installation a pain?
Hey I installed the bosal brospeed headers on my 1994 camry. Let me know if you need any help on installation or where to buy it cheap.

Calvin

·
Registered
214 Posts
robehsi said:
Since we are on the subject of headers. There is a local exhaust shop that has a few mandrel benders. This guy has made custom headers for all kinds of cars. From what im told he would measure the factory demensions then plasma cutt the mounts from the old pipe and bend new thicker pipe then port the mounts and reweld the new pipes to the mounts. Do you think this would be worth it? I would also have him do a y-pipe. Everything would bolt up to factory locations. I haven't got a price quoted but im working on it. BTW this would be for my 96 1mz.
sounds like you'd just be buying new headers cept with better material...it could be worth it depending on the price, but you wouldn't be making more power, only getting back the power you loss...if that makes sense

·
Registered
137 Posts
phatboy555 said:
getting back the power you loss...if that makes sense
that is exactly what i wanna do. this is also for a future custom turbo setup. this guy will bend all my pipes for my custom setup. but if shiftgate hurries up with the stage 1/2 kits ill go that route instead. gains are expected from the y-pipe alone because it is the most restrictive part of the exhaust. but then again that could also be lost power like you said.

·
Registered
214 Posts
well i know that you can have the exhaust ports cleaned as long with the header side and inside the headers cleaned out...if your headers are rusted out, it'd probably be a good idea to just get the new ones though

and do you know where the turbo would be placed on the kit...cause if it's just sitting on one side of the header, you could keep the second side (this is only a guess based on the fact that tony has one turbo manifold and then a second aftermarket header)

edit: does anyone know if there would be any benefit, or if anyone has tried, running a different configuration then a y pipe

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats neato custom headers. Sounds like a good idea. I saw some posts about the ripp headers. Anyone know if they are worth it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ripp makes a good set of headers for the 5SFE:

<a href="http://www.rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&productId=216">link</a>

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha nice a little pricey though thx.

·
&#38480;&#30028;&#22495;&#12408;&#12398;&#29420;&#
605 Posts
phatboy555 said:
this is only a guess based on the fact that tony has one turbo manifold and then a second aftermarket header
You may want to take a better look at Tony's setup before you go calling things "facts." He runs JP Performance headers with a custom Y-pipe and turbo piping.

I would wait for the Shiftgate kit if you are considering it, if you get custom exhaust and then a turbo kit later you may have to scrap that exhaust you just shelled out the $$$ for.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True but why put a turbo on an i-4 that will be close to maxing at 188 hp or something like that

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
Also on the topic of headers, does anyone have any recomendations for 96 LE V6? Even though the above mentioned have been for the 4-cyl thus far.

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Lyons451 said:
True but why put a turbo on an i-4 that will be close to maxing at 188 hp or something like that
A. tony has a V6
...and...
B. Check around here and the other MR2 forums for what guys are doing with the 5S-FE motor.

...noob. :p: :D j/k

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know but ive read about the cams and that they can't handle higher hp ratings. I mean plus if your not willing to spend a couple grand for a turbo and just want to complement an intake than 300 isn't that big of a deal is it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
mobes said:
You may want to take a better look at Tony's setup before you go calling things "facts." He runs JP Performance headers with a custom Y-pipe and turbo piping.

I would wait for the Shiftgate kit if you are considering it, if you get custom exhaust and then a turbo kit later you may have to scrap that exhaust you just shelled out the $$$ for.
notice that i also said, this is only a guess...

don't know if you seriously meant it in a condescending tone, but that's the way it came across...

and with built internals, just about any motor can take high hp applications...they're used to be 12sec pintos ::scary::

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right but i was just reading some forum or something and this guy put in a turbo along with some other things and couldn't get it past 190 hp I think and custom ordered a cam and was gonna be pulling like 270 after that. Scarry about the pintos though.

·
&#38480;&#30028;&#22495;&#12408;&#12398;&#29420;&#
605 Posts
No condescending tone, I just wanted to set things straight as to not confuse anyone.

No offense intended, we're all friends here :chug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts