Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this question is dumb, but they sell those things you put into your radiator and it is supposed to repair a blown headgasket. Does anyone know if they really work? And if they do, which one is the best?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It isn't like blown like badly I would say. Oil leaks out from where the headgasket is and I am not even sure if it is the headgasket that is just my guess. I have no job to pay for a new headgasket so I was looking for some cheap way to fix it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then. Oil leaks out around my headgasket so I was assuming it was a blown headgasket. If it isn't what else could it be?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
are you sure you're not seeing oil coming from the valve cover?? that is a common 4afe problem

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
toyotaspeed90 said:
are you sure you're not seeing oil coming from the valve cover?? that is a common 4afe problem
I second the valve cover. Easy gasket to replace yourself, and cheap too.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Remove all nuts bols on top of valve cover. Pull it up and out. You'll need to remove plug wires first. Clean around the seal and cylinder head. Check to see if the seal is damage. If seal looks fine got no cracks and kinda soft when you push on it, put it back and tight the nuts and bolts. Sometime that's all you need to fix an oil leak.
If the seal is bad, get one from Toyota.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts