Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone direct me to where the headlight adjustment screws are on the Hybrid?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Look in your Service Manual or look at the headlight itself...............

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have already done both, before posting my question on here. I was hoping someone on here might know becuse they did it to theirs. I will try the regular Camry board.:headbang:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have already done both, before posting my question on here. I was hoping someone on here might know becuse they did it to theirs. I will try the regular Camry board.:headbang:
I did a search under headlight adjustment under reg. Camry maybe could have done it here also. I found it there with pics. I saw where you said it was in the manual, but I am telling you I could not find it, only how to replace bulbs and how to turn them on and off.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
I did a search under headlight adjustment under reg. Camry maybe could have done it here also. I found it there with pics. I saw where you said it was in the manual, but I am telling you I could not find it, only how to replace bulbs and how to turn them on and off.
It is in the regular Camry board numerous times.

Do you know the difference between an Owners Manual and a Service Manual?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is in the regular Camry board numerous times.

Do you know the difference between an Owners Manual and a Service Manual?
Yes it just didn't register when I read it, sorry, obviously I do not have a service manual. So I guess I'll ask the dealer. The pic I found does not look the same as our Hybrid. I searched all over for a phillips screw head way down on the light housing, looked thru all the screw driver size holes over the head lights and found none went down far enough, nor had a phillips screw under them.:headbang:

·
The former Maxima guy
77 Posts
The adjustment area is between the lowbeam projector and highbeam lense in the back. You can use a phillips screwdriver at an angle of about 45 degrees or use the 8mm(?) bolt part (which I recommend instead of the screwdriver).

·
Registered
2009 Camry Nav/leath
56 Posts

If you know the answer why do you not just tell him, everyone does not have a service manual. I fail to see why you keep posting telling people to look elsewhere rather then simply help the person out. Is this not what the forum is for???

·
Registered
2009 Camry Nav/leath
56 Posts
The adjustment area is between the lowbeam projector and highbeam lense in the back. You can use a phillips screwdriver at an angle of about 45 degrees or use the 8mm(?) bolt part (which I recommend instead of the screwdriver).
Thanks for the information, I was wondering that question too, I think my headlights are aimed a little too high. I come to this forum to learn and read other peoples posts in the event I need the information in the future.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you know the answer why do you not just tell him, everyone does not have a service manual. I fail to see why you keep posting telling people to look elsewhere rather then simply help the person out. Is this not what the forum is for???
Here, here. I wouldn't mind being told to search a board which I did on the reg. Camry board and found the answer, however I still couldn't find the screw. To raise you turn screw clockwise and reverse to lower.
Now to get to it.;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks I will try the 8mm. Should I use a right angle? I have a 1/8 or maybe it is a 1/4 inch rachet, it is the smallest one, one can buy, and a small extension, or no extension with the 8mm socket?:thanks:

·
Registered
08 Camry
217 Posts
the best way to get at it is with a small rachet with a 1" or 2" extension. you won't be able to turn very much with each stroke so it'll require quite a few strokes. just be careful around the battery, i'd place a cloth over the battery terminals just to be sure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the best way to get at it is with a small rachet with a 1" or 2" extension. you won't be able to turn very much with each stroke so it'll require quite a few strokes. just be careful around the battery, i'd place a cloth over the battery terminals just to be sure.
Hybrid, no battery in the engine compartment!
Thanks for the info.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts