Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Happy Highlander
'03 Highlander Ltd.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2003 Highlander with the driver side front marker light burned out. The signal portion still works, but the marker element is burned out. I know it's the same bulb so my question is how to get the headlight assy. out of the truck without too much of a fight as this seems to be the only way to change that bulb :headbang:. I've gone as far as getting the grill and a couple of clips off, but it was still putting up quite the fight. And seeing as I was out of daylight the grill went back on and I haven't bothered taking another look. Anyone else been done this path before?? Thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts

There should be a couple bolts left after the two clips. I have circled, (obviously) the locations of the 4 mounting points that I can find. I will have to have a closer look when I get home to see if there are any more, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

·
Happy Highlander
'03 Highlander Ltd.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Mike... Finally got a chance to take a look, wow, bad design. The two bolts on top are the easy part of the assy to come out. Additionally, to remove the light you must remove the 2 retaining clips under the headlight assy, remove the front grill, and loosen at least half of the fasteners on the bumper cover so it moves enough to gain access. In all, once you figure out where the clips are it takes about 20 mins to get everything apart. :facepalm:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts