Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Sienna Limited, having problem with driver side headlight. When I turn on the headlight, it flicker for about 30 seconds and it turn off. The passenger side is fine. I turn the light off and back on, it flicker and turn off. Do I need a new HID bulb?

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Yes, if you have an aftermarket one installed. IIRC Siennas did not come standard nor were HIDS an option.

·
Registered
2015 Camry XLE V6
111 Posts
From a troubleshooting standpoint try flip flopping the bulbs. If the flicker movers to the other side you know it's the bulb, otherwise most likely a wiring issue.

Also, when handling these bulbs, DO NOT get finger prints on them. That will decrease bulb life dramatically. If you do accidently touch it, use rubbing alcohol to clean.

Lastly, if you need to replace, replace in pairs and use the OEM style bulb. No need to pay high dollar for some exotic type. Consumer Reports did a test and found little to no difference between bulbs.

GL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you GL,
I did the swapped out the bulb last night and it did move to the passenage side, so I ordered a pair of HID bulbs from E-BAY for $80.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts