Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was readin in the FAQ's for the sylvania silverstar (i guess thats what its called), that i could install a 9005 lightbulb into my lowbeam for 65watts, what about the highbeam? would i leave it the same or upgrade it as well?

and P.S., what do you guys think of "HI LITE Industries" lightbulbs? i bought a pair of them on ebay about 8 months ago, and they are the same wattage as stock, but 50% better, but my front left headlight is messed up so i cant harness it all... also the front left high beam blew out... could it be because of poor qaulity?

ALSO... can anyone find any pictures DIY how to of modifying the headlight to handle a 9006 in a lowbeam socket (cant remember the name)

·
One and Only
83 Posts
In my 95 Camry the 9005 bulbs do fit into 9006 socket. But rather going through all those modifications. I just shaved the tips on my 9006 PIAA's and pushed that stupid ring a side.

·
Grenaded piston
6,584 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
hi-lite=good???? :hammer: those lights can't put out any light on the road. Look white at the headlights but no light on the roads. Mtec will kick that light's A$$ easy:D

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there any other xenon headlights out there? the silverstars are white white, and i'm sick of white white.... i love the white white blue....

·
Registered
98 Posts
WalMart sells xenon bulbs for like $17. But I don't know if I trust those.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
besides anything from walmart, i meant online... i bought my hilite bulbs that retailed for 120$ for 30$ on ebay.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last night i figured out how to turn my headlight to the left, its like 50% better, but i was basing it on the reflection on the wall.

·
Registered
346 Posts
ya i have silverstars nd they suck for lighting on the road. my stock lights are better. not sure if there are anything better than silverstars. i wonder if any retail/auto stores have those lights that are on like lexus, mercedes, and those high luxury cars. those lights kick serious ass nd the addition of pissen off pplz.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... the thing is, they have Projector headlights.... so if you moddified a projector into your headlight, it will look much better, you may notice it having some sort of color temp in it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
blast. seriously hating the lights cause i can barely see at night. are xenon white hids good? cause i saw one on ebay selling by this company forget the name ill post a link/pic if i get a chance. I certainly asked if they got the shot of it on the car with it on.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they look ok, BE SURE it has a life time warranty... my hilite's dont, but they are so cheap anyway.

·
One and Only
83 Posts
I don't know why people say Sliverstar suck because they don't. It's not all ways about your bulbs here's an example.

My 95 Toyota Camry for low beam is using PIAA's 9006 Xtreme White Plus bulbs. As I said before the tips are shaved, and I moved the ring a side. Because of that my low beams are brighter. Maybe why other Camry drivers look at me why I'm much brighter than they are.

My Dad's 95 Infiniti J30 uses Sliverstar bulbs, and surprise his low beams aluminate the streets better than mine do. The reason because his head lights have projectors lenses. My bulbs are brighter than the Sliverstars but he has better head light technology.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,078 Posts
Just make sure that the bulbs are legal for street use. I think the Silverstars are, but most of the stuff you can buy online even has a disclaimer that says "may not be legal for steet use". Using these bulbs is just another reason for a cop to pull a person over and issue a ticket. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I just don't want anyone to be stuck with a huge ticket for something so little.

I know someone from high school and he recieved about $800.00 worth of tickets for all the illegal lights he had on his Honda.

·
Registered
346 Posts
well thats an infinite totally different headlight nd car so you cant really say much. if u want to see how bad my lights are with the silverstars come on down ill show u it. one prob is that passenger side headlight plug nd wiring are weak so i need to change that out. i might just go ahead nd buy these from ebay they also sell plug nd wires seperate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36476&item=7924452355&rd=1

not sure if any britter than silverstars but they look like it due to changin of wire nd plug.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my hilites are perfectly legal here, they arent near as bright as xenons on BMW's and mercedes.... i just wish my headlights werent in such bad shape... :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts