Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, frustrating:disappoin, when driving, hl's:cool: work fine, except when trying to switch on high beam, nothing happens, high beam lights are ok, when manually pulling on switch they come on, not when driving, it is a safety issue, where the heck is the relay switch :confused:to check and replace if necessary?.
On the same track, have heard where ppl have upgraded the dreaded sealed beam headlights to the brighter globe inserts, sometimes feel I should hold a torch out the window, (kidding):lol:, but the sealed beams are not the best for night driving. History of Lux, 83 dual cab 4x4, holden 202 engine 6 cylinder:thumbup:, unfortunately 4 speed box:thumbdown, on a carers pension so budget is sheesh :sosad:what budget. Anyway need my high beam fixed, any help will of course be appreciated.

·
Benwill1
80's toys
125 Posts
I've had a lot of trouble with the lever on the column..it has contacts that are crappy.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Headlight relays should be in the engine bay fuse box.

Most likely your problem is the combination switch on the column.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
no hi beams

hello, new here and first post. I have this similar problem shortly after installing some hi/low HIDs. I have the wire harness to bypass the stock headlight system, it is fused with it's own relays. I have removed the HIDs because when switched to hi beam, nothing happens. The hi beam indicator in the dash lights up but nothing from the headlights. I thought it was an HID problem but still no hi beams now back to stock. This is a RS3.0, I sure hope it isn't the switch problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Never mind, I just remembered two relays on the wire harness that were a little corroded. I replaced them both and now I have hi beams again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts