Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 06+ 4runner headlight assembly will fit into the 07 Tacoma? I would love to install the HID into the projector housing if possible for the swap?

tks in advance.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have been eyeballing this myself. To me they look very similar. I may buy a 4-Runner light to try test fit.

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
Silver-Bolt said:
I have been eyeballing this myself. To me they look very similar. I may buy a 4-Runner light to try test fit.
I've been thinking this myself. I really like the looks of the 4 Runner's headlights. The after market headlights for the Tacoma that are out just don't look all that great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They seems to share alot of parts imo and the headlight look very close among each other. Can someone verify if they have a 4runner & tacoma on hand?

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
The housing won't fit. I took a close look. The cut out is about the same though. If you're willing to do some body work to make em fit, go for it.

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
i actually parked next to one last night, after reading this thread. I was surprised that they had similar shapes but they are definitly different dimensions. Definitly wont fit without some body work.

·
"You, stay classy..."
180 Posts
It's really too bad an aftermarket light maker doesn't make something like this for our Tacos. All of the aftermarket headlight assemblies look too ricey!

·
Registered
666 Posts
could you do a whole front clip swap, much like chevy guys do w/ caddy front clips? or would fenderlines not match up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about using the parts from the inside of the 4runner lights and put them in the Tacoma housing?
I was looking at a Tacoma and a 4runner side by side at the dealer a while back and started thinking about this mod. The 4runner light is similar in shape but deffinatly not the same.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
What about using the parts from the inside of the 4runner lights and put them in the Tacoma housing?
I was looking at a Tacoma and a 4runner side by side at the dealer a while back and started thinking about this mod. The 4runner light is similar in shape but deffinatly not the same.
Not possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts