Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I got into my car today and noticed that the parking and headlights only turn on while the key is in the ON position. I remember being able to turn them on wether the car is on or off. Anyone know whats wrong?

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Interesting problem. I don't think it would be a fuse as that would typically cause one or more headlights to not work at all, but it's worth checking anyway. I'm not too clued up on the electrical system, but it sounds like a problem with a constant power wire from the battery. Do your emergency hazard lights still work with the key out of the ignition?

Here's a diagram of the engine bay fusebox that I just scanned from my factory owner's manual:

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting problem. I don't think it would be a fuse as that would typically cause one or more headlights to not work at all, but it's worth checking anyway. I'm not too clued up on the electrical system, but it sounds like a problem with a constant power wire from the battery. Do your emergency hazard lights still work with the key out of the ignition?

Here's a diagram of the engine bay fusebox that I just scanned from my factory owner's manual:

Thanks just what I needed. The hazard lights work without the key. Another thing normaly if the engine is on and I leave the lights on, they will turn off when I open the door. Now they just go off as soon as I turn the engine off. :ugh3: :confused:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks just what I needed. The hazard lights work without the key. Another thing normaly if the engine is on and I leave the lights on, they will turn off when I open the door. Now they just go off as soon as I turn the engine off. :ugh3: :confused:
Any new update? Im curious to know whats causing this.

·
Just play along....
corolla
3,384 Posts
Then its the relay that turns the lights off when you open the doors. Its stuck in the off position.

-SP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts