Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 toyota 4x4 5spd and my headlight went out. i replaced the lamp. then it still didnt work so i check the fuses. theyre fine. still doesnt work. so what next. its only the drivers side low beam

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Im not sure. But perhaps you should search the forums a bit. There may be someone else w/ this problem. The problem is it might not be the same car but it could help give you an idea.

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
If the lamp is not bad and the other one works, it has got to be wiring. Both headlights will come off the same fuse. I'd suspect wiring up front by the lamp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
more basic question

I need to replace the headlight on a 91 4runner.

How did you get the grill off? Middle part is clear, but I'm not seeing the latch/bracket for the sides.

[I found it - there is a fixed plastic pin at the same place as the screws by the signal lights. Gently pull out (direction perpendicular to the side of the car) the housing for the signal lights and the grill comes off.]

At this point most of the plastic fasteners for the middle part of the grill are broken off, but it doesn't look to be too important.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on my 91 toyota pickup. there are a bunch of little clips i had to unlatch to get the grill off. they line the top of the grill and the bottom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and thanks for all the help. its long past fixed for me now. was in the wiring. but shes back on the road. :D and i did some 4WDin yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts