Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently got a pair of used XSE headlights from eBay and the plug n play harness from distantXtremes and tried to replaced my SE stock headlights. The first installation was completed yesterday and the malfunction alert did come out once and just went away after a reboot.

Tonight when o started my car, I got the same alert again and this time it would not go away. All the lights were working and I really don’t know what the problem was. If I have to say something it will be the high beams did not seem to be the same, but they could be turned on. So I did some experiments:

1. Switched the harness. Lights were working and alert was still on.

2. Removed the passenger side headlight and wired it to the driver side, while using stock passenger side SE on the passenger side. This time the alert went away.

3. Feeling the driver side XSE headlight might have something wrong, I used the passenger side XSE headlight on passenger side and the stock driver side SE headlight and everything looked normal.

I am pretty confident to say that there is something wrong with the driver side XSE headlight but I really can’t tell from outside, since all the lights, low/high beam, DRL and turn signal light are working. If the headlights are not aligned, will it throw an error code? Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Good troubleshooting! Now try to pull some codes. Maybe you’ll get a quick answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts