Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Paseo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could use some help on a headlight problem. The headlights will only work on bright but the indicator on the dash doesnt show. There are no lights on low beam but the park lights are fine. I guess I should tell you that its a 93 Paseo. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
EL44 Paseo
75 Posts

·
Registered
Paseo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I'm glad for the quick reply and thanks for the links. Its been so cold here that I just have not messed with it yet. As soon as I do I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
are there just 2 fuses for the headlight 1 for the right and 1 for the left? or are there high and low fuses hidden somewhere, i just aquired this same problem yesterday. it must be contagious :rolleyes:

secondly, if it is the relay where is it located? under the drivers side dash or the passenger side fender?

thanks

·
Registered
Paseo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well z00y0rk28 was right. :clap: Both low beams were out at the same time. I relized this after I put a new relay in. I guess when the lows go out the blue indicator goes out as well to let you know. Should have tried this first. Its been so cold here that I didn't get it fixed until it got about 30 degrees.

solkid, on the 93' there is a black box under the hood on the drivers side. Theres a row of relays in this box as well as some fuses. Have you checked the headlamps? I couldn't believe it but they both went. I had some of those (blue) tint head lights and I think they are junk. Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
classicr said:
Well z00y0rk28 was right. :clap: Both low beams were out at the same time. I relized this after I put a new relay in. I guess when the lows go out the blue indicator goes out as well to let you know. Should have tried this first. Its been so cold here that I didn't get it fixed until it got about 30 degrees.

solkid, on the 93' there is a black box under the hood on the drivers side. Theres a row of relays in this box as well as some fuses. Have you checked the headlamps? I couldn't believe it but they both went. I had some of those (blue) tint head lights and I think they are junk. Let me know what happens.
yeah i checked the fuses in the fuse box, one fuse is labled Head (RH) and the other is labled HEAD (LH) both fuses are in great shape and not blown. All of my other lights work, parking turn signals, high beams (and the high beam indicator light comes on when the high beams are on) I just do not have any low beams at all?? Ive replaced both bulbs as well. ?????

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats one of the problems, Im unfamilar on where the relay is located, I do not have a service manula for the car so I am going off of trial and error, do you know where the relay is located, and is there a way to test the relay?

·
Registered
Paseo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey solkid, first off what is the year and make of your car? Mine is a 93 Paseo. I'm not that up on Toyotas, just trial and error. Now as I said before, there is a black box under the hood on the drivers side. ( Your hood stand clips on top of this box. ) Theres a row of relays in this box as well as some fuses. Yours maybe located in a different place if its a different model or year.
Second, I just read another post that said theres two fuses for your highs and lows. ( 4 total )
Seems a little extreme to me.:confused: I dont know where the other two fuses are and I'm not sure if thier listed in the owners manual. When you find the relay, if you have someone who can turn the lights on and off you can hear whether or not the relay is working. It will click.

Let me know how its going.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i am driving a 92 paseo, this weekend i replaced the headlight switch and guess what?? still no low beams, so now i have replaced both bulbs, and the switch. ive also checked the 2 fuses i could find, im still stying to locate the relay

·
Registered
Paseo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You still can't find the relays? I went to buy the Chiltons on these cars the other day but the local auto parts store didn't have it in stock. I'll check again to see if they got it in. May also be able to call you at some point when the car is here ( my wifes daily driver ). Maybe if I can look at hers while your looking at yours we could figure it out. I thought maybe you had it fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
no ive taken this car apart soo many times im about to push it in the river. lol

still unable to locate the relays

·
Registered
Paseo
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No rivers yet!:lol: Is this a factory car? Every thing stock? They still don't have my manual yet. Live in a small town. I'll be around the house this weekend. Like I said before, e-mail me at [email protected],com if you'd like to try and find this by phone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah the car is bone stock as well. im gonna try a few more things tomorrow and i'f I dont have any luck I will email you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts