Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Corolla - 1999 VE
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have stock headlights right now and they're not to my liking. i want brighter lights. almost a blue-white color. can i just change the bulb? and what is the name of the color i just desribed? do i have to replace all the headlights when i get clear corners?

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
Don't get those ricey blueish bulbs. Get Sylvania Silverstars. There about $40 for the pair. There probably your best option if you want bright bulbs but can't afford Hids.

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: go for the sylvania's, i have the silverstars on my FX and they are great.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
PIAA Super White... expensive but worth every cent

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Just a question, have any of you used the Polarg 9005's on your cars?

I have used a lot of polarg 168/194's in my corners and so on and have been perfectly happy with them. Just wondering what their headlights are like. :)

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Silverstars can be bought anywhere from car part stores to Walmart... they shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
whats wrong with those ricey Ebay bulbs?

personally i seen the ricey blue bulbs from ebay VS silverstars. The ricey ones came at to 25shipped and they were brighter and more of a HID look then silverstars. I dont have an idea about how long the life is on these but its not something too short or anything.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
...See....Things like this make things gay....
:thumbdown :thumbdown

Blue HID would be cool but w/ all these ricers getting blue lights to pose as HID are fucking it alll up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
definately silvestars, when I was following my father on a highway he said mine were brighter than anyone elses, except HID of course, I have the gen5 which has the clear lenses.

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
Blue wannabe HIDs that most ricers use don't do shiat in rain and other foul weather. The silverstars give off a whiter light, closer to the color temperature of daylight, compared to the crappy blue bulbs and they give off a blue tinge when you have your lights off. But if you like that kind of stuff, then by all means, go for it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts