Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Guys went ahead and took the headliner off tonight and made a video tutorial for you guys pictures would of took to long to explain so I am uploading them on photo bucket as we speak as soon as there rdy I will post a link for you guys to watch them. Also after you take the headliner down the wires are taped to the headliner to make sure to take it off ran out of batteries to make a video of it. I will post pics tomorrow of my dynamat extreme on the inside of the roof tomorrow. Enjoy! :thumbsup::chug::lurk::rockon:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Have you noticed any improvement? I get the occasional rattle in the headliner, so I have considered doing this.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you noticed any improvement? I get the occasional rattle in the headliner, so I have considered doing this.
I have not finished the deadening yet I only did the back side of the roof I will finish tomorrow it was to cold and dark out there. I will post my opinion tomorrow about the difference.

Also how was the video did it seem ok to you? Did it explain enough for you to understand how to do it all?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Haha, yeah it made me realize there is more to it to remove the headliner. I think it will be worth it in the end though. Great work so far and thanks for documenting it for the rest of us.

I am also interested if it might dampen the sound of heavy rain. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Amazing!
Great job!
Yes, I could play the videos on (IE, firefox needed an extension) a PC, will try MAC later.

1000 words = 1 picture
1000 pictures =1 video.

So after that the headliner just drops?

Really appreciate your hardship!

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys make sure you take the seals off the whole car and do the other doors and not just that one lol I didnt think it was necessary to do all 4 doors since there the same. Oh btw did you guys like how I explained how to take the dome lights out LOL. I am uploading some videos now on the difference between the 1 layer of dynamat extreme and nothing on the roof it made quiet a difference to me hearing it but the video I took doesnt sound so great. You be the judge yourself I made 3 video to listen to it in different areas with knuckles and tools to try and bring the noise out. From the looks of it to me I am most likely for me going to be going to second skin and buying some luxury liner pro and putting it on the headliner as well or over kill pro not sure b/c if luxury liner pro doesn't fit the I will go to over kill pro which is a thickness deal in this case. Gotta make sure the headliner fits back on you know.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I have done half the roof now and made a video of the difference it made it doesnt sound that great of a difference but it really is I made multiple videos to try and get the best sound out of these but they sound the same to me......

·
Unofficial TN Member
2009 Rolla S
1,429 Posts
Thread is three years old dude:facepalm: but yeah, It would help a lot if the OP kept them for future reference for others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts