Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you put the headrests when you fold down the rear seats, is there a spot specially made for them to fit in?
I already have a bunch of stuff in my cubby holes so just wondering if anyone has good spot to put em outta the way.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
On a double cab, there are holes to mount them when you flip up the bottom seat.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I store them in the garage because they're always in the way whether the seats are up or down. But yeah, there are holes to stick em in when the seats are down.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm glad someone else asked this question. Where do the they go.

No seriously, I don't know where they go, and my truck is a couple thousand miles away, anyone have a picture of the stowed headrests? I only looked once and not very hard, but I'm still curious.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah I realized this and was very happy going through my manual. There are 6 holes on top of the bottom portion when you flip it fwd. Very smart on toyota's part whgen I had my 91 4-Runner I could never figure out what to do with the stupid things

·
Registered
'06 4dr 4x4TRD
81 Posts
For me, the most common reason for flipping the seats is b/c I have something that I don't want to get any fabric dirty. So I have found that the headrest will fit on the floorboard in the gap that is created by the seats. Basically, I slide the post under the front seats and then once the seats are flipped the middle fat one can slide in post first from the side. It sticks out a little but doesn't impead the door closing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts