Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last Camry did not have this problem. Why does the headrest tilt so far forward? My neck, back, hips, and legs hurt in my 2018 Toyota Corolla. Please, please, please make more comfortables seats with adjustable headrests! At least give us an option to upgrade the headrest and seat.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,249 Posts
It's because the head restraint is not there for comfort but it helps reduce neck injury or whip lash in a rear end collision. The closer the head restraint is to your head, the more effective it becomes to stop or reduce neck injury. I understand that comfort is important but making sure my neck or your neck doesn't snap in any type rear end collision outweighs comfortability. Try getting a head restraint pillow or adjust the seat and head restraint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What you can probably try to do is instead of sitting completely straight up, lean your seat back a little. As your seat leans back, your head naturally leans forward to stay upright. Lean the seat back far enough so that your head, at it's natural position, will be touching or nearly touching the headrest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Often times I do rest my head on the headrest or I try to keep an inch or 2 away depending on how I drive and I agree, the headrest of the new generation Camry is way too forward/aggressive. Wish time travel existed so that I had the chance to snag the previous gen which is as comfortable as my 2014 Camry SE. Although the exterior looks nice, the interior definitely needs to be thought out better at the consumer level.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Get one of those neck pillows that go around the base of the head rest, it’ll give you a little room to bend your head back and plus it’s comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts