Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellu!
how i can put heated mirror on my gen 3 ? Other toyota heated mirror fit on gen 3 ?

thanks!

David

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes does it heat up to avoid fog, ice, snow ... Yes is on the new cars ... but the mirror on the new car fit on the gen 3? Or the lexus of the 92 - 96 have heated mirror ?

Bye!

David

·
Registered
403 Posts
I belive that the same gen Lexus ES had heated mirrors, I was looking at the diagram for the fuses one day and noticed that it said heated mirrors. So one can only assume that its for the Lexus.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok! thank you ... i will search a manually foldable mirror in used part ... you can say how many wire are in the plug under the black little panel ? And the color of each ? (For compare with my wire ... probably the "heat" wire is present ... but i'm not sure)

Thank you!!!
David

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
I don't really have the intention of disassembling my mirror, have you checked a haynes manual already ?

*edit*
just under the black panel you say, i'll check that tomorrow

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think yes, because, in the Haynes book, 1994 and after have a circuit named "MIR HTR" connected on the "DEFROG" circuit and a 10A fure per mirror. But the 4 cyl have a idle up system when the defrogger is on ... the 6 cyl did not have this. I think the wire is not present on my 1993 :( but is not hard to install ...

P.S.: normally, the MIR HTR wire is purple ...

bye!

David

·
I know parts!
71 Posts
yes, I'm a noob bumping an old thread

is there a heated direct bolt on mirror for the gen3?

If not then it's pretty sad,my 92 max had heated mirrors and I REALLY miss them.
to those who said theyaren't needed you obviously don't live in an area with a lot of frost

BTW this would be for a 94 Camry LE 4 A/T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.