Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the original window sticker, it says that my Avalon came with heated mirrors. I don't have a switch or anything. Do anybody have heated mirrors. How do they work? Sorry if this is a noob question.

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
943 Posts
Annual fuel cost $715? Hot dog!

Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question, but Id imagine they would put it next to the power mirrior adjustments. If not there, maybe the HVAC stack, but I', sure you looked all over that.

My standard power mirriors on my 1996 have a single, 3 wire harness coming out of it. If you have the same thing then id imagine you dont have heated mirrors.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Annual fuel cost $715? Hot dog!
:lol:

Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question, but Id imagine they would put it next to the power mirrior adjustments. If not there, maybe the HVAC stack, but I', sure you looked all over that.

My standard power mirriors on my 1996 have a single, 3 wire harness coming out of it. If you have the same thing then id imagine you dont have heated mirrors.
I just checked, I have a red, black and white wires loomed together and two blues wires separately. I guess that means I do, thinking that they turn on with the front or rear defrosters.

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,614 Posts
when you turn on the rear window defrost it also turnes on the mirrors
This is documented on p. 73 of your '99 owners manual.

When all else fails..................

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,614 Posts
It's a good prompt to remind people of the convenience of the online owners manuals, available at toyota.com. They're PDF's that can be downloaded and saved.

That's great for everyone, including those who have their paper manuals, because of the search convenience. Open the PDF and there's a search box right at the top. Type in a word, or part of one, and it'll take you to the previous/next occurrence of the characters you enter (a search for jack will also show jackstands and jackrabbit). No need to try to figure out the index entry Toyota's writers came up with, what with English being their second language.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts