Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan for my heater/AC in my 90 is not responding right to using the switch on the dash.

It seems like connections behind the face may not be touching right when I try to change between fan speeds. Sometimes the fan will blow, sometimes it won't, sometimes it blows at the wrong speed.

Have any of you had this problem and fixed it?

How do I get the heater module out of the dashboard?

·
13,467 Posts
Most likely the switch is burnt on some of the contacts. You can git a replacement one from Amazon, eBay, or the dealership (local or online). The ones off of Amazon run about $10 or so and ship rather quickly. ;)

To remove the switch, you'll need to pull the AC switch out. Once that's out, you can pull the knobs off of the levers. The panel cover comes out next. You might need to remove the radio to git access to the switch. The switch can be removed by pushing it towards the firewall/engine as there are locking tabs that keep it in place. DO NOT pry on the switch to git it out! You will snap the tabs off and you'll either have to glue the replacement switch in place or git a new environmental control frame. The control panel light bulb socket should come out with the switch. Installation is just the reverse. Good luck! ;)

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/60-t-100-forum/1450322-replace-blower-motor-switch-blower-only-works-high.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heater/AC control panel for 91 ?

I have the same heater/AC control panel problem with my 91 4runner. Same procedure as for 90 ? Pulling any part of the dash gives me a cold chill.

·
13,467 Posts
I have the same heater/AC control panel problem with my 91 4runner. Same procedure as for 90 ? Pulling any part of the dash gives me a cold chill.
Welcome to the forums! :)

If yer panel looks the same, then the removal/installation process would be the same. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts