Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 Tundra
191 Posts
there is a blower resistor located inside on passenger side near the floor & near blower motor, it has four wires going into it, should be blue/black wire, blue/yellow wire, blue/red wire & white/ black wire in the connector, go to your favorite Toyota dealer & ask for a blower resistor & go almost stand on your head & replace it, all you need is a phillips screw driver.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i have heard you can get the resistor at radio shack, not sure what its rated at though. if you can match the color code that would be the best way. not sure if its possible to do that way though.

·
Stop buying garbage
301 Posts
ya

I picked up the resistor at the dealer this fall and I think it was around $30. more than I would like to pay but it'll likely get you another decade or so.

Pete

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
Tried Radio Shack resistors on mine in 5 watt and 10 watt- they fried. You can usually find them on e-bay much cheaper than the stealership which is about $50 if I remember correctly. Has anyone tried making their own with ni-chrome wire? Values on mine were .4, .8 and 1.5 ohms.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Heavy blower resistor (Toy EPC calls it a cooler/coil resistor,fan coil resistor) for fan # 88635-89103 (85-86 4-Runner,4 speed fan) & 87138-89105 (89 pickup)

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Blower.shtml

Sidney® ™
Repairs tv's,vcr's,home/car audio out of my home
E-mail:[email protected]
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
1985 Toyota 4-Runner,solid front straight axle,factory cruise control,sunroof,22R-E,W56,RN60LV-MSEK,rusted rear step/towing chrome bumper with 247 000 KM

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
See my earlier post. Didn't try it as I got one for under $15 total on e-bay but I think you could do it with ni-chrome wire. Soldering won't do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a resistor pack from the dealer for my '94 and it turned out that it wasn't the problem on mine. You can't return electronic parts to the dealer, so if anyone wants to buy it off me, shoot me an email: seanpeterfreund AT hotmail.com.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts