Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 Ltd with auto dual climate system. That thing seems to have a mind of its own. I don't like to keep it at Auto as it does not heat windshields at that setting. So for now I will use it in Manual mode. However occasionally, this thing goes back to Auto mode, when I restart the engine, without me touching the unit. Also, in manual mode occasionally A/C starts running, when you restart the engine again. I am tempted to say it resets itself after an engine start, however it is not doing all the time.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is funny that you posted this because my AC seems to come on every once in a while. I also run everything manually as well. I didn't think too much of it but is interesting to know if anyone else has this issue.

I am experiencing something else as well related to the whole system. Does your unit still have cool air flowing in with the entire system off? Because mine does and find it annoying, but the work around this is to turn on teh recirculating mode and suddenly no more cool air, seems to bring air in from the outside.

·
Registered
810 Posts
the a/c comes one automatic because the cabin has a sensor.. for moister or humidity and trys to keep the windows from fogging up.. or something like that.. i know the camry will go from recirculate to fresh air on its on.. im sure if you guys read your owners manual it will explain it better or at least why

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I also remember the manual mentioning that the AC & circulation modes will switch depending on moisture levels, etc., as mentioned by wonger

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you guys are explaining are supposed to happen in Auto mode, not in Manual. There is very little info in the manual

·
Registered
810 Posts
What you guys are explaining are supposed to happen in Auto mode, not in Manual. There is very little info in the manual
the camry will go from recirculate to fresh air on its and its doesnt have an auto feature in this particular camry i was helping a customer on ..cant can if it is the same as your HL but since its toyota and they seem to keep everything similar..
doesnt have to be in auto to be auto.. in manual mode.. the computer still has some control

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More like a bug in the software... Manual is manual! And how come it switches from Manual to Auto by itself? Some sort of preservation for the computer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, my HL has manual HVAC and the A/C sometimes comes on automatically. I thought that I was crazy for awhile, but remember distinctly turning it off (40 degrees outside) then after starting the vehicle and looking down, it was on again. This has happened on several occasions. Of course, this is in addition to the recirculation mode not staying on when it is cold outside. I have also noticed that the air distribution and fan speed will sometimes change automatically (remember I have manual HVAC). Evidently, all of the systems have sensors that will make adjustments regardless of our settings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, then I if "correct" the setting it should revert what it thinks it is best for me. It is not doing that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts