Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new radiator, rad cap, thermostat from toyota... temperature seems to sit at middle gauge. checked heater core and not clogged. the switch by firewall is been clean and switches fine. cold air only comes out of the vents. whats next? car runs normal daily.

inlet pipe to the heater is very hot but the outlet is very cold. anything else?

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
If the heater core coolant intake line is hot and the exist line is cold, check the heater control valve inline with the coolant hose. This could be stuck in the closed position. Also check the control mechanism for this valve. See if the valve is actually moving to the on/off position.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toyomoho said:
If the heater core coolant intake line is hot and the exist line is cold, check the heater control valve inline with the coolant hose. This could be stuck in the closed position. Also check the control mechanism for this valve. See if the valve is actually moving to the on/off position.

wheres the mechanism for this? enginebay or under dash. actually the outlet pipe of the heater core is warm and not hot like the inlet.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whore runner said:
there is air in trapped in the heater core, hence you're only gettin COLD AIR.

how you get about this? so far from the looks of it, the heater core is the highest point of your cooling system, get a tight fitting funnel that is higher than your radiator ( 5" or more), make sure it sits tight and nicely on the top of your radiator, you gotta bleed the air from your system to accomplish this.

put coolant on into the funnel and rev up the engine, ALWAYS REV IT UP. you wanna speed up the pumping process of the water pump so you can circulate the coolant faster hence bringing the "air" with it. and you will see the top of the funnel bubbles. hence air coming out.

are you gettin a clear picture of this? or do i have to make you a home video to show you how?

any questions related to this matter let me know, dont hesitate.
yes i get what ur saying. i prob do that on the weekend. can the possibility be the heater relay? what does a heater relay do anyway.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whore runner...

i tried what you said. seems like it worked alittle. i dont know how hard i should rev the engine to get the air out of the heater core but i did rev it pretty high and run it for about 1-2 mins. i took it for a test drive but the air stays cool again. temperature gauge sits alittle lower then half. air is still not hot enough.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we tested the heater core with a long tube topped off with water. we blow air with our mouth and seems like coolant is coming out at the other end. it wasnt that much pressure pushing air into the tube. im sure with the engines water pump it will flow stronger then the way we test.

can the water pump fail somehow? anyway when i rev the engine, the coolant from the top of radiator goes down and then come back up to the top when you let it idle. this is normal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts