Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I have some heater problem, the heater is not heating up when idle.
Everytime i accelerate i can hear that there is some water flowing and the fan is blowing hot air out.
Everytime i release the gas or stop my car, the air tempreture drop alot.
I just changed a 180F themostat and a new radiator 3 months ago.
At the same time i can feel that the hose connecting to the radiator having a high pressure.
If there is a leak internal, is those leak seal good for the cooling system?
any idea what's wrong with it?:confused:

corolla 96

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you see any leaks inside or outside your car?
My guess is your heater core might be partially clogged/restricted.

·
You asked for it...
407 Posts
This may seem a little obvious, but are you absolutely sure it's completely full of fluid? My Subaru has a slow leak, and when it gets a little low it does this very same thing - heater quits at idle (no water flowing), and you can hear water noises when you accelerate (because of the air mixed in with the water). Add some water or antifreeze and it works normally for a couple months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Besides adding water or coolent, is there any other ways to fix the problem like adding in those sealer which you pour into the radiator?
Anybody recommand that?:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
when i bought my corolla i was the second owner and when i did a radiator flush on it some of that sealer crap was gunked up in the bottom of the overflow, however since i have had the car i have had no leaks.... i heard an egg can seal the leak too don't know if i trust that idea though :D

·
You asked for it...
407 Posts
Tired many kinds over the years, but never had any luck with sealer. If it's leaking, the best bet is to find the leak(easier said than done sometimes) and replace whatever is leaking. If it's been leaking for a while, there should be a brownish stain there. Don't overlook the radiator cap. They can go bad and allow fluid to escape by not holding the pressure.

·
Registered
983 Posts
ianlti said:
Besides adding water or coolent, is there any other ways to fix the problem like adding in those sealer which you pour into the radiator?
Anybody recommand that?:confused:
NO!:nono: Especially if you just replaced your radiator why clog it with useless junk and what if its a small leak in your hose the sealer will do nothing to fix that:confused: ...You might want to get a radiator pressure check(around $75) to see if its really leaking fluid also when they do the test it might show you where its leaking from, if its ok then its probably a blocked core or it could be an air bubble blockage, when you replaced the radiator did you "burp" the system after to get rid of all the air in there:confused: ....Good Luck....~Radd Guy~

:preach: "A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.":preach:

===================================

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i had the same problem in my celica
it was an airlock in the lines
try running the engine with the rad cap off for a while when the coolant starts cycling it should eventually push out the trapped air, spurting out the top of the rad
but be aware that airlocks can be a sign of a leaking head gasket

1 - 9 of 9 Posts