·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some info:
2006 Corolla CE
Auto
Mileage: 156K KM
repairs done in past: ECU replaced, intake gasket manifold seal replaced, coolant, exhaust was welded (3 years ago), always do regular oil changes on time.

Background info: So recently in past year, during COLD winters here in Ontario, during start-up, car would rattle really loud for about a minute and when it eventually warmed up, rattle sound would go away. I'm not sure if this was exhaust, catalytic converter, i have no idea.. But it did NOT affect performance or anything, just an annoying, embarrassing sound.

So i took my car to my mechanic a week ago. All he said he did was tighten up something (unfortunately I don't remember exactly what he said) and he didn't charge me anything..

But now whenever the car is at idle or driving and when RPMs go up or just accelerating, it VIBRATES really bad.. the sound is sorta gone but now you can FEEL it. It feels like really loud subwoofer whenever im accelerating even on low RPMs.. very annoying to drive:headbang:

what exactly is the problem? please help me out

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Your motor mounts are worn out. They need replacement.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,777 Posts
Internet diagnosis will be very tough here.

Is the vibration in the seat, steering wheel, or somewhere like the frame or dash of the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From my experience when I changed the coolant it stops vibration. Since you live in Ontario I'm assuming your coolant doesn't last as long. I heard and read in repair manual that coolant should be changed every 2 years. The transmission fluid should also be changed

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...-transmission-fluid-strainer-replacement.html

(dealer offers cheapest price for fluid you need 4qt if you are just dropping the pan, if you do a flush you buy the whole box which is 6 qts ($25 for the whole box of 6 qts) . make sure you buy a new gasket for trans pan at least if you decide not to buy a filter. The dealer usually wants almost 50 bucks for a filter +gasket and you can buy aftermarket beck/arnley aftermarket made in usa on ebay for $22 with free high priority mail shipping (around $44 at auto parts stores). Also look into common problems in 9th gen corollas one is an oil leak in the back left corner of the engine. Look up "o-ring replacement on timing chain tensioner of 9th gen corolla" ($6 rubber O-ring at the dealer) Check your engine to see if your car is burning oil or if there are any leaks after. Change spark plugs ( denso SK16R11 or NGK IFR5-A11 are the manufacture specs for 9th gen corollas )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.