Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me. Tony. 39 year old male. Police/Fire Dispatcher in Topeka Kansas.

My ride. 99 Solara SLEV6 Only mods so far, just 1400 watts of stereo..

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
welcome to TN:cool: yur solara is hotness!:thumbup: ive never really seen it in red, and dam thats nice. the body looks like its in mint condition to, keep up the good work.

what kind of stereo do you have?

are those your bikes in the backgroud? what kind? the first one looks like a gsx-r(sp:confused: )

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and thanks for the welcome. The stereo system is pretty basic. Clarion DXZ835MP HU, 6.5 inch Infinity Kappa Components in the front doors. Old Crutchfield 4X50 watt running those and the stock rear deck speakers. Subwoofers are a pair of Kicker 12L7 Solobarics in a Subzone box. Subwoofer amplifiers are a pair of PPI PC 2600's bridged running 600 watts to each subwoofer. Optima red top and some 0ga wiring and fuse holder, distrobution blocks round that out. Nothing fancy just a clean basic install.

I would like to get some different tires and wheels eventually. Probably do that when its time for new tires. Maybe some more fake wood trim inside.. LOL.

As far as the motorycles go, I keep my bike at my friends house, where the picture was taken. Yes that is GSXR in the background. I have a motorcycle myself.

Oh and all I have ever driven are Toyotas. 1971 Corolla with 2tc and 2speed Toyoglide, then 1977 Corolla with a 1200 3KC. The motor out of the 71 made its way in the 77 after I hotrodded it up some. .40 over piston kit. Weber Carb, Clifford Induction Systems Cam, Clifford Header. Accell Coil and Offenhauser Dual Port Intake and HD TRD Valve Springs. Fun fun little car... It ended flatspotting cam lobe so a stock cam got put back in and I ended up selling it years later for like 400 dollars or something.

I had an 87 Corolla SR5 I drove for about 12 years or so and then bought a 96 Camry LE 2dr which I still have. It will be for sale soon as I get it detailed and such. Sooo, if you know anyone who wants one. It has about 78,000 miles or so on it. That brings me to the Solara which I love to death. Ok that's all for now...

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
good stuff, what kind of bike do you have?

i just put in some more fake wood trim, and i like it a lot, makes me feel special. they come in 8 or 15 piece kits. i got the 8 piece, and they go around the left and right upper (almost pointing up at the winshield) and lower (facing the drive and passenger) vents, around the shifter, around the clock/HU/temp controls, and on either door around the window buttons. i can post pics if you like

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bike is a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R. 1200cc, actually mine is 1270cc with the bigbore kit. It's all hotrodded up and such. But I won't turn this into a bike thread cause this is CAR site. I talk bikes on my BIKE message boards. Lol......

Oh and is that OEM stuff or the stick on kits on see on Ebay???
Wood trim that is...

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much??

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And these aren't stick on pieces but actually replacement pieces right????

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
nope, stick on. they come in the proper shapes already, then you just heat em up, pull off the back and stick em down. its super sticky tho, like if you dont set it down in the proper spot the first time yur effed cause its not moving anymore.

click my www for pics

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah ok, I might just try an "automotive recycling yard" AKA a junkyard for some oem pieces...

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
i dunno if they would fit, cause theres no other wood you can get on the solara besides whats already in all of them, but good luck anyways

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Avalon
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So your saying the wood trim around the radio, the door handles and other places was never an option and any car that has that, has the stick on pieces????

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
yes, im 99% sure that the only wood trim available is what already comes in all solaras, thats the 2 pieces that go around each door and onto the dash

1 - 15 of 15 Posts