Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wanderlust
Camry
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How goes it all? I'm Nic, 24, from the seattle area in washington state. I drive a Gen 4 V6 Camry. Many mods and custom work nearly all done by myself: sidemarker lights, injen short ram intake, 17's with 215/45/17 yoko ES 100's, 25% tint, denso iridium plugs w/ NGK wires, DAD racing seats with SRP 4-point harnesses, carbon fiber dash, indiglo gauges, blacklights under seats, and a chaser(knight rider style)light, among other things. Been looking at the forum for a long time, finally decided to join. Can't wait for those Gen 4 projectors I've seen.

On a side note, I also have an 83 camry which I use to race in a bump-to-pass style class. Not doing to bad either, took third place the first two years I was in it.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
welcome to TN:D

got any pics of your cam, sounds like youve put a lot of work into it:thumbup: tell us more about this bump to pass racing in a gen1:cool:

·
Wanderlust
Camry
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have to take some more current pix, I don't have any with my new rims or the side markers or the seats. I'll work on that in the next few days.
As for the racing, we run a 3/8th oval track(http://www.southsoundspeedway.com). The class is actually called WADD Mini Demolition. Any 4cyl. car can run in that class. Basically you strip out the interior and remove all the trim pieces, put some 6" C-channel on the sides, two upright posts and a spreader bar. Move the battery out of the engine compartment and you can only run water in the radiator. They line you up and run about 15 laps, all bump to pass. With the camry, I basically get out front in a few laps and run away with it. So much fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts