Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

<me>
i'm jt, a 24 year old computer network technician living in central virginia, working in northern virginia. i just took a new job a month ago and quickly decided the 17mpg that my big american v8 sport coupe was getting wasn't enough. i had decided i would get a new car, and actually i was looking at the Tacomas. I'm not exactly a "truck person", but appreciate the utilitarian nature of the Toyota trucks. I had also checked out a few other cars including Civic Hybrids, VW TDI's, older e36 bimmers and yesterday decided on a (used) 2004 Corolla S.

<mines>
The aforementioned 2004 Corolla S. Approx. 14,220 miles on the clock. She's silver exterior with a dark gray interior. She's got the alloy wheels, spoiler (not sure if these are both standards on the S model), and a ton of goodies straight from the factory. The only thing she doesn't have (thank god) is an automatic transmission.

<mods>
Needless to say - none yet. i've only owned the car a shade over 14 hours at this point, and my cash situation is kinda lean until the end of the month. in any event, i plan to do modification to the exterior, sound system, intake, exhaust, and who knows - maybe even F.I. No plans for the immediate future in the F.I. arena, though, I like the Toyota dependability, and this is for all intensive purposes a commuter car for the next year or two. maybe later i can get into really opening her up.

<thanks>
Thanks for reading this, and if you have any advice for me, please let me know. I am not yet a toyota enthusiest, as i do not have a great knowledge of the company or it's cars. this is new for me, so it's kinda exciting.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
welcome to TN:D

congrats on your new Toyota! im sure youll love it:cool:
so what kind of sports coupe did you drive? still have it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fresco Bob said:
welcome to TN:D

congrats on your new Toyota! im sure youll love it:cool:
so what kind of sports coupe did you drive? still have it?
Thanks - I do.

I'm coming from a long line of mustangs, thunderbirds, and a cougar. The most recent was a thunderbird sc. I had to get rid of it though, to help with my down payment. It needed too much work to keep it running. The reliability of the toyota was a big determining factor.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
<mods>
Needless to say - none yet. i've only owned the car a shade over 14 hours at this point, and my cash situation is kinda lean until the end of the month. in any event, i plan to do modification to the exterior, sound system, intake, exhaust, and who knows - maybe even F.I. No plans for the immediate future in the F.I. arena, though, I like the Toyota dependability, and this is for all intensive purposes a commuter car for the next year or two. maybe later i can get into really opening her up.

<thanks>
Thanks for reading this, and if you have any advice for me, please let me know. I am not yet a toyota enthusiest, as i do not have a great knowledge of the company or it's cars. this is new for me, so it's kinda exciting. [/B]
My suggestion to you is to get springs and struts first. After those mods, Everything is better. Meaning your ride handling.

It'll also make all your exterior mods look wayyyy better. Some nice rims or a nice kit looks much better lowered. But yah dude, Get F.I. Its fuckin awesome!!

That BOV makes me wanna wet my pants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts