Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been having a hell of a time with this thing. I ordered a left splash shield online and it was the right one. However, didn't have the proper clips/fasteners/grommets WHATEVER! (it has a different name wherever I look). I went to partsource and got some makeshift plugs.... didn't work, the splash shield blew off on the highway (oops!).

So I want to order another but I need the proper fasteners but I don't have any part number or quantities. I just really don't want to go to the dealership because they quoted something obscene! (It's still cheaper to order a second time around!)

Looks like there are 3 different parts (screws, bolt and grommet). Toyotaparts.com was great (with the images)but the actual part numbers aren't there. I'm in Canada and want to order from http://www.canadapartsonline.com.

I would REALLY appreciate some help! We already had our first snowfall and I'm running out of options... (I don't want to have to resort to bringing it into the dealership)

thanks Everyone!!!!

-Steph

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts

·
eh?
57 Posts
You're talking about the plastic liner that goes inside the fender?

Plastic fasteners usually. You said you had pics of the fasteners from toyotaparts.com? When you get the new liner, take a print out of the fasteners you need to the dealer, parts dept, and tell them the type/year of your vehicle...say you need these (show them the pic of the fasteners) and ask how many you need. What are they gonna say? no? lol. They have a schematic of the car that shows all the parts in that area and can tell you how many. If they make it more difficult than that for you then find another parts dept.

I can't see them being expensive, even from the dealer. And at least you know they will fit right.

Post a pic or a link to the fasteners you need here so maybe someone can suggest an alternative

1 - 6 of 6 Posts