Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples!

I just joined and I'm interested in getting an AE86. Don't roll your eyes at me. I'm not going to do the panda paint and all that other Initial D shit that all the kids are hyped about.

I'm 17 and I'll be getting my G2 soon, so I want a car that will be fun all year 'round, but not something that will be an unbearable amount of work. I'm exploring my options for cars and I'm debating between an AE and a 240sx. My bro (I think he was on this forum for some time) has an '89 fastback, and its quite fun, but I'm going more for an AE because I don't want to get the same car as my bro (although it is still a fun car). But I'd prefer an AE.

I'll see you peoples around...

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Get the 240. The AE is a pretty old car. With the 240 you can hit 2 birds with one stone. You can drift, and pimp hard in it.

240 = Drift/bitches
AE = Drift/hardER time finding parts

You do the math.

W

·
0 Posts
Did anyone else have Lionel Richie pop into their head when they read the title?

BTW - Yo. :D

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
drifting is such a big thing right now, i go to a lot of events with my fiance cuz he runs his 240 with the sr... you will have a lot more fun working wiht a 240 since parts are so avail. and there are a lot of forums where people are willing to drive hours to help you
zilvia.net
240sxone.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a member of www.son240sx.ca but I haven't been there for a while. I know quite a few peoples with the SR20 as well, but I find it really common now, so I wanted something different.

I still have time to explore my options, so I'm not in a rush. I'll do some more research. :)

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
The answer to your initial question is in your own sig......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhm.... I didn't ask a question about Initial D.... I just stated that I didn't want to follow what all the kids dream about - the AE with the "panda" paint job and the sticker for the tofu shop on the side. Although it looks good, I've seen one delivering pizzas in my area, and I'd prefer all white, or black, or silver, or some other colour.

And I know that I've dubbed myself the "drift master", but I had made a logo for a shirt for gr.10 comm tech, and I needed something to put on it, so I put "drift master" on it along with that S15 pic (without the homer tho). I've already had a thread done a while back about my login name, so just accept it if you don't like it.

I'm not only interested in drift, I'd like to try grip too. AEs look awesome in both drift and grip. Like in the vid (I don't remember if its Option or something else) but there are 2 AEs vs. R34 Skyline. One of the drivers of the AE is the Drift King - Tsuchia (sp?). One AE is mostly TRD parts on it, and I think the other is "Boss SS" or something like that. I don't know if you peoples have seen it, but its pretty cool. I'll try to find the name of it.

·
searchin'
389 Posts
i think what Gridlyne was trying to say was: "your sig suggests you like Nissans more, and so does Homer, so get one intead of a Corolla." ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*slaps forehead*

I have a new option, and it will cost as much as a mint AE:

a 95+ 240sx :D

Just watching some drift vids, and seeing a zenki S14 drift is awesome...

Maybe I should just stick with Nissan...

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
What I meant by "Initial question" was:

"The answer to your first/orginal question is in your sig."

I didn't mean it any other way or with any disrespect. Im sorry if it came across that way.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
And thanks sleepy for trying to clear things up. Your a cool guy:thumbup:

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
240's are pimp cars... the only problem now is that everyone has one. If you're worried at all about how your car looks, go with the 240. Plus there are more available parts and it should be in better condition, as it will be almost 10 years newer.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Get the 240, and then swap in a SR20DET.... lots of fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts