Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Camry. It still has the original factory radio in it. I bought a new radio for my car, but I can’t find an adapter that fits the original (for all I know) plug that fits into the back of the old radio. I can wire it without a harness, but it’s time consuming and I don’t want to wire it up only to see it not work. Anyone had this problem with this vehicle? Please link me to an adapter that will work for this car if you know of the right one! I’ve done hours of searching and can’t find any others.
thank you, please ask questions if needed! I tried the links to radio and stereo adapter, but it wouldn’t let me post.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
links:
Radio (I’m aware it doesn’t “fit” the car, but it works with it and I have this car for reliability, not to look pretty.)
Adapter

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I just installed a nice $90 Kenwood unit (KDC-BT278U) in my V6 99 LE using a Metra 70-1761 adapter which came free from Crutchfield ($5 on Amazon)

you can use their parts finder here to get correct adapater for your specific model

and purchase on Amazon.

Crutchfield also sent detailed instructions and DIN cubby for free,

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm gonna guess your car has the JBL system with amplifier and you need the Amp harness, such as Metra 70-8112. Take a look at it. You will plug in the RCA connectors into the stereo and only wire in the other wires aside from speakers. Good luck!

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed a nice $90 Kenwood unit (KDC-BT278U) in my V6 99 LE using a Metra 70-1761 adapter which came free from Crutchfield ($5 on Amazon)

you can use their parts finder here to get correct adapater for your specific model

and purchase on Amazon.

Crutchfield also sent detailed instructions and DIN cubby for free,
I bought this adapter and it came today. I was so relieved to hear it click into the stereo plug. I finished wiring it together and it works. Thank you so much man!!

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna guess your car has the JBL system with amplifier and you need the Amp harness, such as Metra 70-8112. Take a look at it. You will plug in the RCA connectors into the stereo and only wire in the other wires aside from speakers. Good luck!
Thank you so much. I made sure the adapter was for a JBL system. I got it today and my brand new radio is now in and operating. I appreciate it very much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts