Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Im new to the site and I seem to have a problem or my girlfriend does. She owns a 2002 Rav4 and it seems that the alarm unit that is in her car is a bit faulty. The alarm unit (sorry dont know what its called) that recieves the signal from her alarm key seems to be broken, so she cant use her key to unlock it with the remote. Her alarm seems to be activated now and I cant seem to figure out how to turn it off, because when she attempts to open her car manually the alarm will go off and she is unable to start her car. :sosad: I was wondering if there is a way to bypass this, so that she will be able to drive her car to get it fixed.

thanks
daniel

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just got the same problem with my celica... i bouht the car w/o the remote... and it so happen that i removed the terminal lug of the battery to clean it up.. but when i put it back alarm triggered and it immobilized the car.. until now my car cant move/start... everytime i put back the lugs it alarm... need some help here... anybody knows how to....

·
Jedi Knight.
316 Posts
Is this he kind that is just REALLY, REALLY loud? or does it actually prevent the car from starting?

I'm not a wiring expert, but if it is just a really loud alarm I would suggest trying to trace the wire for the alarm from the battery. If you can find one that leads to the alarm.......CUT THAT BITCH.

If it is the latter of the two......I don't know what to suggest.:disappoin Good luck though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
roc
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing