Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.....i have a 2000 toy corolla.....94kms....I got new tires got them balanced, aligned twice and i get a lot of vibration.......especially in the front.....on the passenger side front it feels and sounds like i have a off road tire with more noise than other ones and also when it gets hot, trafficy on the roads there is a whinning sound from the same side.......about 30-40 kms and than it goes away but there is more vibration......took it to the dealer they said that the bearing is fine and the components........what F%%% is wrong than?.........they said it may be my rims.....but why?????? i don't know

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They could have been misaligned. I can't really think of what could be wrong besides that or a defective tire. Unless the rims are pretty bent the tire should make up for any little dents. It very well could be a defective tire. I don't know about the bearings. They shouldnt need service until around 20,000 miles. Even then, I've never heard of anyone with bad bearings. Im suspecting the tires are bad.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dunno......i got goodyear tires........for some reason i don't trust toyota.......i personally think its the bearing?

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
If the problem wasn't there before you changed tires...and you've had them balanced and aligned twice, then suspect the Goodyear tires (not my favorite tire by a long shot). It would be a seriously freakish coincidence if the bearing failed during tire installation.

Does the problem change location when you move tires from left to right side?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well u are right.......when i purchased the car there was some vibration, but the old michelin tires were really worn to the bone...and out of balance......I got the balance done and the tires and rims from the front placed into the back.....so there really was no vibration........but since i installed the tires i am guessing they took the rims from the back to the front again, now on new tires........

two things i am sure off are the fact that the car was never in an accident and that it never had any modifications to it.......I mean now i'm not sure if toyota is telling me the truth........since after all my warranty will expire within the next 6000km........see the funny thing is that i took the car in two weeks ago and someone tested it and said they heard "a slight noise from poss shaft and or wheel bearing" this week i took it in and magically both parts were functioning very well (??)

I may not know a lot with regards to steering problems.......but i had a car before and a failed bearing......first there was a louder noise and than vibration.......

Now i'm not sure whether the dealership is just stalling on me to wait till my warranty expires and than telling me that magically something broke and warranty will not cover it because it broke etc.... and they are telling me the rims may be bad, the tires may be bad etc.........all causing me to spend more $ ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
One way to determine whether is the particular tire is bad; rotate the tire from the front to the back. If the vibration occurs from the back after you switched the tires, you know the tire/ rim is bad. If it's no change, you should start looking at the each suspension component. CV axle, bearing, strut... so for.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Hopefully that's all it is is a bad tire or out-of-round rim. I understand that if a rim is screwed up that you can never balance it no matter what.

I've always found that moving a bad tire from the front to the back tends to dampen the vibration. Not sure why but possibly due to different suspension components??

Anyways good luck! Fingers crossed that it's just a defective tire belt or rim.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just because they don't/can't troubleshoot/fix a warranty item before it expires, does not let them off the hook. As long as you report the problem and have them attempt to repair it before the expiry, it is still covered. Don't let them jerk you around.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
maybe ur wieths fell out when u got ur car tires balenced it happed to my brother lude

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got new weights installed.....balanced + alignment......at toyota......it cost me a lot but still hasen't repaired my problem.......yeah i hope they are not dickin' me around for more loot........I don't know this wednesday i will have the rims checked......hopefully that will solve it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts