Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car: 1996 Avalon XLS

I have P0330 code: knock sensor bank 2
I took the intake manifold off and there are 2 knock sensors, one toward the front bumper and one towards the rear bumper is bank 2 the front or rear side???

also how should i clean the grime on the inside of the intake manifold and entry of the heads? i'm guessing seafoam.

i already searched. sorry for what is probably a stupid question for some.

ALSO, i'm planning on just replacing that sensor (have a new one) and i have a torque wrench to tighten to 29ft/lbs. should that fix it? is there anything else i should do? any way to check if it's good before putting everything back together?

ONE last thing, how do i reset the computer to erase the old code to see if it comes up again.

THANKS!!!!! need help ASAP- dont want car apart for too long and have time to finish tomorrow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Car: 1996 Avalon XLS

I have P0330 code: knock sensor bank 2
I took the intake manifold off and there are 2 knock sensors, one toward the front bumper and one towards the rear bumper is bank 2 the front or rear side???

also how should i clean the grime on the inside of the intake manifold and entry of the heads? i'm guessing seafoam.

i already searched. sorry for what is probably a stupid question for some.

ALSO, i'm planning on just replacing that sensor (have a new one) and i have a torque wrench to tighten to 29ft/lbs. should that fix it? is there anything else i should do? any way to check if it's good before putting everything back together?

ONE last thing, how do i reset the computer to erase the old code to see if it comes up again.

THANKS!!!!! need help ASAP- dont want car apart for too long and have time to finish tomorrow.
http://www.findonefindall.com/toyota-sienna/toyota_knock_sensor.htm

Disconnect battery to reset computer, or pull AM2 fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is bank 1 and bank 2

Bank one is towards the firewall bank 2 it towards the front bumper I was confused as well when I had a o2 sensor go out and kept replacing the bank 2 instead of the bank 1 lol it happens:wtf::crap-emoticon::bouncinggirl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wow this makes me feel better, have the same code and was dreading taking the intake off because it's been so damn hot out

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nevermind....I'm a dummy, still gotta take off the intake...

Sucks not having a garage anymore :(

·
Administrator
14,026 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts