Toyota Nation Forum banner

Help: Apple CarPlay GPS Volume Adjust

23K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  steveghar 
Try turning up the volume on your device. On my Bluetooth in my other car, at level 36, that is Max volume for my device.

Try it and report back.

Try this. Turn up the volume on your device before syncing to the car.

Otherwise, you will need to look at your settings.

This is my setting for Google maps. Hope it helps.

Attachments

What model/make phone do you use in the Corolla?

I looked into the main settings of my phone and didn't find anything. The only thing I can tell you is that when I use my bt, the volume is decreased automatically. Pretty sure it's by design.

I am curious to know if this is a head unit issue or not.

Edit : have you tried unpairing the device from the Corolla? Tried doing a software update on your device? Is the device older than IP7?

What cable are you using? Is it from apple or another manufacturer?

You've already determined it's not the phone or the head unit. Try another cable.

Sorry man.

What trim did you get? Se or xse.

Have you tried updating Google maps? Maybe there's a conflict between the latest iOS firmware and Google maps.

No problem. I am sure you won't have this issue in other cars. It's funny how our devices won't talk to other things.

Maybe it's an apple thing so that users will use apple maps.

Yes, I have and all the updates are up to date. Maybe it's a bug of some kind since this new iOS 13 and new Apple CarPlay have been introduced.?. Not sure, but hope they fix it. I've literally done everything I can think of to try to troubleshoot it and nothing works. It is up to them to try and fix this now. Fingers Crossed

P.S. Thank-you for trying to help out.
Which usb port do you connect your iPhone? According to this thread, the one in the console is for power, while the one in the dash is the data port. Refer to post #7. Don't know if this would help solve the volume issue or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.