Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just installed my reverse gauges. Its working fine. But the problem is that now my turn signals and gauge light bulbs won't work:(

I checked the fuses and there is no problem. What I did was, I grounded the neg into a bolt and the positive into the brown cable into the 1st blk wire from the top. This way, the gauges only come on when I turn the parking lights on.

I've currently only but in the gauge cluster and have not reconnected the harzard lights and stuff.

What is the problem. I have no turn signals nor gauge bulbs!!!

It is dark now and I can't see sh1t. I need to drive to work tomorrow so I need turn signals. Help!!!!

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks warlock, it was!

Everything is back now. But, how do u disable the factory dimmer? When I turn up the factory dimmer, the glow gauges turn off, but when I turn down the factory dimmer, the glow gauges come on. Really strange.

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks warlock. You're the man. Its funny how little stuff like that would cause something not to work.

I would like to keep the gauge lights on though, cuz I can't see the needles without them. Anyone else know how to disable the factory dimmer but still have the gauge bulbs work?

I just found out that I need the factory dimmer for the bulbs to work. Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
The kit I bought came with a dimmer for the r/glows. I use both of them to balance out. Is yours different?

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I got a dimmer for the reverse gauges too. But the factory dimmer and the r. glow dimmer are flighting each other when both are connected. If I balance them out, neither would be bright enough.

·
_trancemaster_
399 Posts
I had the same problem with the dimmer ON and gauges OFF issue. I connected my gauges to the one of the dimmer wires, and I guess I connected it to the wrong one so when ever I turn on the dimmer the gauges go off. So I just connnected it to the different wire (can't remeber which one, test it) and now it works fine. But I don't like the bulbs behind the gauges, but if I take them out the needles wont light up.. so I dontk now what to do about that :)
Hope this helps

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Everything turned out great. rayray is wrong on the DIY gauges install. You have to power it to the brown wire 2nd from top. This wire allows you to have both factory and reverse gauge dimmers on.

Thanks for your help guys. I wouldn't have finished the project tonight if not for you guys.

I will have some pics up of my gauges later.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts