Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
09 Tacoma TRD Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m having a new stereo put in my 2009 taco the scoshe kit which is not textured like the original dash. I have looked around a bit but have not been able to find climate controls that are non textured. does anyone know where I can get a non tectured climate control panel?

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
I doubt you will find one. There isn't a market for them. If it really bothers you that much, pull the trim off of the controls, sand the texture off and repaint.

Marc M

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
That's one reason why I went with the gray Metra kit.
It looks like factory and matches the climate control panel.

·
Griff
914 Posts
good luck finding one....:thumbsdow

i had a metra kit that is textured like the hvac controls, but it's a HUGE piece of junk. it never stays attached properly and the trim ring rattles like crazy. i just bought the scosche kit, much better quality. personally, i wouldn't worry about the difference in texture. i'd be more worried about the quality of the dash kit itself.

·
Registered
09 Tacoma TRD Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to use the Scoshe kit, and don't think I'll mind the textured climate control panel that much. I was just thinking that if they made earlier year models with the untextured panel that I might be able to buy one. Does anyone know what year Tacoma has the untextured one. I will call Toyota and see if I can get a part number?

·
Griff
914 Posts
I am going to use the Scoshe kit, and don't think I'll mind the textured climate control panel that much. I was just thinking that if they made earlier year models with the untextured panel that I might be able to buy one. Does anyone know what year Tacoma has the untextured one. I will call Toyota and see if I can get a part number?
'04 and below have a non textured hvac control, but it won't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts