Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"got b00st?"
2004 S/C Matrix
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people--ive been looking everywhere online to see if i could find a "diy matraix "low" bulb swap"! but i cant! i just wanna change the bulbs but cant see a way to! can someone point me in the right direction--if not, guide me threw the process. thanks in advance.

-mike

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts
If you have the manual to your car it shows you how to diy there, and for the bulbs sizes the low beam are 9006 and the fog lights are also 9006. i will se if i can find a diagram, unless mistamatrix post one before i do.lol

·
2005 Matrix XR AWD
2005 Matrix XR AWD
117 Posts
Are you simply trying to replace the bulb or change the type of bulb? I'm a little confused here.

Changing the bulb is as simple as putting your hand behind the buld, twisting it and popping it out. Disconnect it and reverse the steps to put in a new bulb.

Otherwise, clarify what your looking to do, and I can help out some more.

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts
I mean i did an HID converstion kit to my bulbs, but all i did was plug it in directly to the factory wiring, no modifications at all. it was super easy, took all of maybe 60 seconds.

·
"got b00st?"
2004 S/C Matrix
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey everybody! sorry took so long to respond but my isp was down. all I'm trying to do is sway my oem bulbs to some hyper yellow ones. I did this to my Xb and it was easy to see how it was to be done but with my matrix the battery seems to be in the way. I guess I'm just gonna have to try..

·
06toyoXR
06 Toyota Matrix XR
218 Posts
It really easy just grab the light bulb socket and turn it i think its counter-clock wise if not turn it the other way, and just pull out. all guys are good at pulling out.:lol: anyways remove the bulbs put the hyper yellow ones in and put the socket back the same way you did when taking it out. No need to remove the battery or anything as that goes, just stick you hand down there and twist.

·
"got b00st?"
2004 S/C Matrix
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup! thamks to all! i got em in! seems kinda dumb of me to pay $27 for thses bulbs when im gettin the 8000k HID kit this friday! lol! cant wait! anyone want these bulbs when i swap em'? $15 shipped! (9006) i also have some H1's ..$15 shipped

1 - 9 of 9 Posts