Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Camry SE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed H&R Springs on my 2002 camry SE 4cyl. Everything went smoothly except that in the front, my drivers side has a 4 finger gap with the stock 16s while the passenger side has a very tight 3 finger gap. What could be the issue? I pulled it apart again and reinstalled but with the same issue. Thanks for any input. :headbang:

·
Registered
2002 Camry SE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well. I assumed the fronts go in the front and the rears in the rear. Do they have to go to a certain side? They just had F marked on them.

·
Rubix Cubez
257 Posts
It is suggested that you wait after you put your springs in - with the weight of the car, it should adjust and level out. I had the same problem in my Accord and I freaked out. I woke up the next day and it was even.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Just keep on hitting speed bumps as much as you can. I'm sure it'll even out... ;)

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
drive around for a minute
they should settle in

·
boo.hoo.hoo.
1,498 Posts
REPOST!

Anyway, Eibach = generic TRD

H&R will give a lower, more even drop (sag issues) but you have the chance of risking suspension warranty.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
let them settle (2 weeks max)

measure on level ground, in fact, measure on a couple places of level ground as your garage may be deceiving.

up to 1/2 inch difference from driver to passenger side is normal (YES I VERIFIED THIS). Any more than that, either the springs/spring rates isn't identical (defect), or the spring didn't sit in the seat properly (unlikely after 2 weeks)

other than that congrats on the drop!

·
Registered
2002 Camry SE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input guys. there is about a 1/2" drop difference right now. I have lowered all my other cars and they were even right off the bat with H&R springs. It did freak me out. I was even wondering if somehow I got a spring for a V6. Not sure if there is much difference between those or not. I will let it settle for a week or two and see how it goes before getting an alignment. I am itching to get my wheels on since they are sitting in the garage. I also put on the TRD rear sway bar. Car handles so much better now.

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
like stated above, they need to settle
when i lowered my old SE it took almost 2 weeks and it settled another 1/2in.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
thanks for the input guys. there is about a 1/2" drop difference right now. I have lowered all my other cars and they were even right off the bat with H&R springs. It did freak me out. I was even wondering if somehow I got a spring for a V6. Not sure if there is much difference between those or not. I will let it settle for a week or two and see how it goes before getting an alignment. I am itching to get my wheels on since they are sitting in the garage. I also put on the TRD rear sway bar. Car handles so much better now.
like i said, 1/2 inch is normal.:thumbsup: no worries man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts