Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(07 Camry)My maintenance required light is solid, and not the usual flashing. Before you ask me, i just brought my car in for an oil change two days ago at my local toyota stealership. Did some nut forget to reset the light or can the maintenance light really tell a problem. Help needed ASAP as i start school tomorrow and dont want to deal with this.

thanks

·
New older TN User
30 Posts
This had been posted before: (It should also be in the Owner's Manual.)

---------------------------------

Okay here is the biggest mistake: Ignore what the manual says about how to reset the MAINT REQD light. Its completely wrong. In fact, the first hint should have been when it said there was a MAINT REQD SOON light. I shined a flashlight at the dash to see what all the possible indicators are, and there is no MAINT REQD SOON light... anyway, I have an LE model with a I4. If someone else has a different trim level or v6, and I'm wrong correct me. anyway, here is what you do to reset the MAINT REQD light so it will quit blinking:
a) With the Engine ON click your Odometer/TripA/TripB selector knob so
the display shows TRIP A
b) Turn the car off
c) Turn the key 1 click to ACC (accessory mode)
d) While in ACC, press and hold the selector knob in (don't worry that
can't see anything on the dashboard.)
e) While you are still holding the selector knob, click the key 1 more
position to the ON position.
f) If you do it correctly, you will see the TripA display change to some
numbers and then start blinking quickly. you will also see the MAINT
REQD blinking quickly. After about 5 seconds of holding the knob in
the display should show 0000000000000 then go away.

Start the car up, and no more MAINT REQD light until you put another 4500miles on the car!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WhiteCrown said:

Okay here is the biggest mistake: Ignore what the manual says about how to reset the MAINT REQD light. Its completely wrong. In fact, the first hint should have been when it said there was a MAINT REQD SOON light. I shined a flashlight at the dash to see what all the possible indicators are, and there is no MAINT REQD SOON light... anyway, I have an LE model with a I4. If someone else has a different trim level or v6, and I'm wrong correct me. anyway, here is what you do to reset the MAINT REQD light so it will quit blinking:
the display shows TRIP A
b) Turn the car off

Start the car up, and no more MAINT REQD light until you put another 4500miles on the car!
I know how to reset the light, im just wondering if the light can also tell me about problems i am having because the light should have been reset two days ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The maintenance required light is only a mileage minder (it flashes at 4500 miles and stays illuminated until reset at 5000 miles), there is a seperate pictogram of your engine (Check Engine Light) to indicate a fault code.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
On my XLE it came on after 4500 miles to read "Maint Required Soon", only at start up. It stayed on for only about 10-15 seconds and then went off. I don't remember if it flashed or not. I turned it off using the procedure in the manual, as I already did the first oil change at around 2,500 miles. The car now has around 5200 miles and it has remained off.

Mike

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
WhiteCrown said:

the display shows TRIP A
b) Turn the car off

What if you got the V6 XLE with Smartkey push button?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts