Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My stock fan clutch has been bad and squeeling for awhile and ive been looking at getting an electric fan to do away with the engine driven fan.

I was going to go with the flex-a-lite kit which is around $230, then I saw the hayden kit which is like $85... big cost difference.

Between the 2 the differences besides cost are mainly max cfm and amp draw. The hayden moves 1,250 cfm and draws 11.50 amps while the flexalite moves 2,800 and draws 13.9 amps.

Im wondering if the hayden is enough to cool the truck, and if the flexalite would suck too much power... my truck is bone stock otherwise.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX-165&N=700+0&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925008+4294924500+4294839058+115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
84 toyota pickup 2wd
44 Posts
The flex-a-lite only draws 21% more amps then the hayden and the flex-a-lite has a 120% higher flow then the hayden.
The flex-a-lite may draw a more amps but it's about twice as efficient as the hayden, so the flex-a-lite wiil save more gas.

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
The flex-a-lite is about 3/4" thicker so check your distance to water pump. I don't think the current should be a problem. Sometimes they have dual fan setups that run independently, and might be a bit quieter.

·
Registered
905 Posts
little different then yours but ...
I'm going to ne running a pusher on mine ...

it's the 2500 CFM fan

still not sure it going to be enough .. seems I'm just on the "cusp"

controller is a whole different story !!!

it's all CFM baby !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wouldnt it be prudent to buy a setup that has two fans in the case one fails while on a remote location? One would have to be strong enough to still keep the engine running fine. Or at least, carry a spare mechanical fan belt in the truck.

·
Registered
4 toyotas
1,045 Posts
ford Tarus fan and shroud---- almost a direct bolt in !!!!!!!

two stock mounting holes can be used with two thru push pins.

20 min change over !!!!! (put the motor on the pass. side after taking off the toyota fan/clutch)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts