Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Camry XLE that has the security light in the instrument cluster flashing while engine is running. (it flashes rapidly 2 times, and then 2 more times, then pauses and then repeats the rapid 2/2 flashes over and over) is this some kind of code 22? I didn't get a remote keyless entry fob when I bought the car (guy lost it) so I don't know if that's a factor or not. How do I get the flashing security light to turn off? Is there a way to disarm the alarm feature? Also when the engine is turned off and the key removed the security light goes on solid for about 30 seconds and then starts blinking a slow steady flash while the car is parked. I'm new to Camry's so bear with me. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem on a 2008 Corolla - flashing while driving, solid when not in use. The dealer fixed it - they said the car was accidentally left in "auto register mode" after I bought a key fob from them. They took it out of auto mode, and now it acts like it should - off while driving and flashing when not in use. Incidentally, I only figured it out because this problem prevented a remote start unit from starting the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts