Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get this thing back on the road...tried local junkyards and struck out. Someone is hoarding these things somewhere...

If anyone has an igniter or coil/igniter assy lying around, perhaps you could make my day...

Please respond to my email at:

nickpon AT comcast DOT net

TIA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, slacker...

unfortunately, the truck is parked on the street across town (see above about needing to get it going :), so I can't help you with a part number.

I was hoping for someone local (SF bay area)...otherwise I might go for an aftermarket ignition setup.

thanks for the help,

nick

·
Registered
38 Posts
A suggestion would be to look in a toyota celica with the same motor you will have better luck at the junk yards finding one in there then you will in a truck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If your electrically inclined you can use a MSD 6A unit
as an igniter. The output wires from the distributor that use to go to the igniter now go to the MSD unit.
Hook up the coil properly and your almost done. You may need a tach adapter for the tach if it does not run off the MSD tach ouput.

That is my backup plan if some grease monkey ever left the my ignition on more than 10 minutes without the engine running and destroyed my igniter.

hemi3TC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts