Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2004 corolla with about 49,xxx miles yes 2004!
So i lowered my car for a nice clean look no camber or anything, lowered my car about 2 inches around or give or take in rear. I need new shocks my dad says after car been sitting so long but it was okay before i lowered it but since i lowered i think thats the problem not looking to raise car back up on stock springs or buy coil-overs. So i need help finding struts that can handle the car lowered i have read about short stroke struts but i dont know what im looking for or can anyone recommended a struts that can handle the car new ride height,

included info: its not bouncy or anything just bottoming out

Attachments

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
14,486 Posts
Coil overs will be much better fit since you can adjust them whenever you like. Springs are fixed so you will be stuck on one setting.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
14,486 Posts
Try tokiko or tein.

·
Registered
2003 Corolla CE
134 Posts
Try tokiko or tein.
Never heard of tokiko, but a cheaper set of coils like tein isint a great idea. There will be hardly any difference within height drop with those vs his current Springs, from personal experience. I would only reccomend BC racing or ksport coilovers.

·
Registered
2003 Corolla CE
134 Posts
what kind of koni shocks though? there is some out there not for lowered cars
You wanna look for the adjustable shocks. I never went with a lowering springs/strut set up so im not too sure. You should contact someone at koni.

·
Registered
2003 Corolla CE
134 Posts
I guess they're not bad - depending on what you're looking for. They dont offer much of a height drop according to that thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've read up on Tokico they say it's for max 1.5 inch lowering springs any lower ride comfort won't be as good

I've seen the Koni yellow struts on the link someone posted it says it's adjustable and it's best koni shocks and works with all lowering springs

So from me to all what is better Koni yellow or orange or Tokico Blue ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts