Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got a 1994 corolla w/ 189,000kms on it
3000kms ago, i did my oil change i use mobil 1 10w30
a week ago i checked my oil and it was low.. so i put a bit in (only about 200ml)
today i check the oil level and its LOW so low that its not even on the oil stick anymore! wtf is happening, no leaks to what i can see...
milage on the car is great i got 175kms off of 13L of 87 octance last week...

n e suggestions on what i should do?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
possibly leaking at the distributor, the oilpan.... or you're burning it

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Check the compression in the cylinders. Should tell you alot.
If the PCV is sending out oil with the fumes, its most likely that you have messed up pistonrings.

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
one thing for sure, no oil is coming out of the PCV valve, there's no smell of burn oil or gas or fumes...

fuck, piston rings?:( :(

edit.. wait..
i donno if its the piston rings b/c i still get great milage, no black smoke coming out of my exaust and no gas/oil fumes from the engine bay

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
well, another you can check is you Tranny fluid too.....its possible your crank seal be blown or worn.... on the tranny side.

if your tranny oil turned brown, possibly that.

you do drive Auto right mike?

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh

trddragoon (itchy right?)- its Larry btw... lol (actually my bro's name is mike haha) yea its auto =/
ill check my auto tranny fluid asap..
thanks

i dont think im burning oil b/c the smoke isnt blue or black.. and it doesnt stink either

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whats a valve guide?? :confused:

i just checked my tranny fluid, its still red, not like red when its brand new but there's a mix of brown also, nothing surprising it is? b/c its used and old...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
from what i gather your burning oil...
turn your car on and go look at the exhaust fumes if its blue go kiss a shoe, your burning oil.

I really cant gather where else your oil could be going if theres no leak stains or what not.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
There is one other place, the distributor cap seal. You might not notice the leak, because it leaks ontop of the tranny.

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
flashmn, i do notice it has been a little moist (as in the dirt around that area is shiney and wet and not dry) on a small top portion of the tranny, like.. its wet, not leaking or anything close though... but i have checked that out.. before it was the tranny fluid b/c it was too full.. but now since it's still moist around that area it could be what ur talking about..

how could i check/confirm its that?

*i have another question..
would i be able to use engine oil additives when im running full synthetic oil?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
its wet, not leaking or anything close though... but i have checked that out.. before it was the tranny fluid b/c it was too full.. but now since it's still moist around that area it could be what ur talking about..

how could i check/confirm its that?
Well.. does the car drip oil on the ground after a drive? Does it look like its wet all the time, like blackish fluid? take your hand and run it on the bottom of the thermostat housing/side of the block, if you get oil on your hands, its probably that. Then again, is gonna be bad if you really lose alot of oil at a short time, so you should notice.

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats the thing, the car doesnt drip nothing, when i run my finger across the bottom of the engine on the righ hand side, there's dirt mixed w/ a bit of oil.. i think its oil...

well 3000kms and it burnt 1/2L of Mobil1

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well before the last oil change, i was using castrol syntec, which was like $1 less/L than Mobil 1 and a lot of oil was gone, so i switched to Mobil1.. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts