Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 T100 & 10 TUNDRA
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY YESTERDAY I WAS DRIVING MY T-ONE, ON THE WAY BACK HOME I STOP AT A STOP SIGN, IN SOME HOW OUT OF THE BLUE MY T-ONE JUST STARTED TO SQUEAKING, I WAS LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON, AS I WAS ON THE WAY HOME I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS MY BREAK MAKING SOME SQUEAKING BUT IT WASN'T MY BREAK THAT WAS DOING IT. AS I ARRIVED HOME I HAVE MY DAD DRIVE THE TRUCK WHILE I WAS WALKING NEXT TO IT, TO HEAR WHERE THE SQUEAKING WAS COMING FROM, IN I FIND OUT THAT MY DRIVE SHAFT WAS MAKING THE SQUEAKING SOUND SO I HAVE MY DAD PARK THE CAR. I USED WD40 TO SPRAY THE DRIVE SHAFT SO THAT IT COULD STOP SQUEAKING BUT IT DIDN'T WORK I DRIVE IT 3 TO 4 TIMES TO SEE IF IT STOP BUT IT DIDN'T. HOWEVER TODAY AFTER NOON I START THE CAR UP AND DRIVE IT AROUND TO HEAR IF THE SQUEAKING WAS STILL THEIR BUT IT WASN'T. I CAN HEAR A LITTLE SQUEAKING BUT NOT WHERE IT IS SO BAD, BUT I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS EVER HAD THIS HAPPENED TO THEM SO I CAN KNOW WHAT REALLY IS WRONG WITH THE CAR. THANKS FOR READYING IN HELPING :naughty:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,672 Posts
okay yesterday i was driving my t-one, on the way back home i stop at a stop sign, in some how out of the blue my t-one just started to squeaking, i was like what is going on, as i was on the way home i thought that it was my break making some squeaking but it wasn't my break that was doing it.

as i arrived home i have my dad drive the truck while i was walking next to it, to hear where the squeaking was coming from, in i find out that my drive shaft was making the squeaking sound so i have my dad park the car.

i used wd40 to spray the drive shaft so that it could stop squeaking but it didn't work i drive it 3 to 4 times to see if it stop but it didn't.

however today after noon i start the car up and drive it around to hear if the squeaking was still their but it wasn't.

i can hear a little squeaking but not where it is so bad, but i just want to know if any one has ever had this happened to them so i can know what really is wrong with the car. thanks for readying in helping
:naughty:
You need to lay off the caps...so I reformatted yer text. ;)

First...WD-40 really isn't a lubricant...you need to use the correct stuff. I believe that yer U-joints have to be greased every so often with grease. When was the last time you greased them with a grease gun? If U-joints are destroyed, you'll have to replace them. :(

It could be yer carrier bearing...that's center support ring/donut that splits the drive shaft in the middle. Have you tested it? ;)

·
Registered
97 T100 & 10 TUNDRA
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't grease the shaft before ever since i bought the car back in 1999. car hasn't gave me any problem until the other day. Car has about (190miles) on it. however i need to turn the car up in need some replacement on it.

Okay so I'm guesting that my local auto store such as (Auto Zone) should have a grease gun and greased.

Now do i just put grease around all the u-joints? Or is there like a
small Hole where i put the greased into it....

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,672 Posts
The U-joints should have some zerks...nipples fer the grease gun to attach to. Same fer the rear part of the shaft. Not exactly sure how many grease points...maybe 4 on the drive shaft/u-joints alone. Might as well pick up a pack of metric zerks so you can hit up the upper ball joints, too. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts