Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Are you getting new struts for it aswell? Yes it would be a little too low and you'll have more negative camber which you might have to get a camber kit to fix.

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
as long as u have proper offset wheels then u will be okay.

if anything, all u'd need to do is take out fender lining if it rubs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all i'm his older brother and the founder of CrossroadOnline.com, a forum for all makes/models to just geek out on automobilism. I was not thinking the rolla would have a camber problem as the mustang does at a 2" drop . Of course this would leave 2 possibilities, either get CC plates (how much/are they avail for the rolla/ where) or stick to the 1.5" and play it safe. My stang is 2.5" thats 1" more than your everyday mustanger goes, of course i have caster camber plates because wearing out the inside tread of 18" tires isn't cheap ! If we go with a 1.5 what springs would you guys recommend for the rolla, and would it be possible for some 18" wheel owners to post pics of their drops?

·
Boro Box Pilot
3,466 Posts
by camber problems, they mean that the car does not have ENOUGH negative camber to clear the edge of the fenders.

corollas= mac strut which do not exhibit camber change when ride height is reduced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds good, I guess it is a bit different from my setup where I was able to change my caster camber adjustment plates to aftermarket ones that allowed tons of adjustment to compensate. Can a few of you post some pics of a 1.5" drop on 18's and also make some suggestions on brand. I was lookin at the Teins.

·
Registered
217 Posts
my suggestiong, put rims on it first, then drop it
personally I did a 2" drop and I love the way my ride looks. 17" rims would be good, I wouldn't go for anything higher or you will need some really low profile tires, not to mention the ride will be shot to sh*t and there's also possibility of scraping the fenders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts