Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve took over gen 2 Camry project from my friend who couldn’t finish it for the last 10 years and have two issues so far
Can’t find rear quarter glass drivers side UK model
And rear glass assembly like clips chrome strips etc
Maybe I can use some alternative universal rubber from eBay Chinese sellers or just glue it on like on the modern cars nowadays ?
Anyone have anything or knowwhere to look
I did Tried eBay etc ...there is two quarter ones on eBay.com but postage is not available or ridiculously expensive
Help or advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No chance for a new ones as parts discontinued
Only if someone bought and haven’t fitted
I’m just hoping to get used ones of decent quality

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts
Bottom and top trim pieces are too long to ship most likely, at least for a reasonable price. I can try and find you the rest of the parts but have not seen any gen2 Camry's in the yard for months. Glass from Toyota is discontinued long ago.

Got a link to the Ebay listings? Nothing came up when I searched.

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts
The glass is contoured.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And second one

I’m sure chrome strips could be put in meter long waste pipe or something similar to prevent them from damaging
I don’t mind to pay extra for shipping in this case as it’s discontinued and I have no options left

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts
Neither of those ship to Canada. I can use a drop ship company which then ships to me. Then of course shipping to you cost for that I have no idea would need your address.

If you are serious PM your address or post code or whatever it is called in your country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bottom and top trim pieces are too long to ship most likely, at least for a reasonable price. I can try and find you the rest of the parts but have not seen any gen2 Camry's in the yard for months. Glass from Toyota is discontinued long ago.

Got a link to the Ebay listings? Nothing came up when I searched.
Neither of those ship to Canada. I can use a drop ship company which then ships to me. Then of course shipping to you cost for that I have no idea would need your address.

If you are serious PM your address or post code or whatever it is called in your country.
My address is
32 the riverbank
Carlow town
Co Carlow
R93XK88
Ireland

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts
Shipping for a small box is $120 goes up from there. Do you have the trim piece that goes around the quarter glass? Best thing for you would be patient and hope a gen2 shows up in a yard near me. But like I said can't predict if/when that will happen.

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts
If I find a gen2 then yes, the trim pieces come off clean. Some of the clips will break that's not a huge deal, if you don't have them all the trim can be glued in. In fact it is way easier than trying to get everything clipped in like the factory did this is nearly impossible.

Unless the glass is removed, then I can see the procedure would be install the trim on the glass then glass to car. But you still need all clips no way you can pull the trim and not break any as they are embedded in adhesive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so to recap all
US guy is charging you 120 to ship to Canada same to ship here so no point to waste your time
I don’t have a lot of time as guys are quite fast finishing the car
I believe within month it will be ready
Should I glue in back glass and then wait for the trim to materialise or put something universal rubber stuff from eBay ? If there is something suitable of course

·
Toyota Collector
12,021 Posts
Should I glue in back glass and then wait for the trim to materialise or put something universal rubber stuff from eBay ? If there is something suitable of course
It would be way better to glue the glass in and install the trim at the same time. As for generic rubber a glass shop likely has something for this but it won't look near as good. Depends how picky you are on keeping the car original.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not picky as you can see it will be far from original :))) I just want it look good and do it’s job
So let’s wait and see will anything show up for breaking

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Clips are minor issue you still can glue glass in chrome trim is a problem to get

1 - 20 of 20 Posts