Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some help here, and apologies ahead of time for the long post. I have a 2008 Camry XLE (v6 version), with dual air controls for both the driver and passenger sides. The driver’s side works well for both cold and hot air, and all vent positions, but the passenger side only blows cold air, even when the temp input has been enabled to blow warm air. The passenger control over vent changes to dashboard defrost, vent and floor works fine, it just blows cold air. From my Google enabled experience, it sounds like passenger side actuator unit is malfunctioning.

To locate the Actuator unit, I took apart the glovebox, and a few other things, and I found what appears to be an all in one pack with 2 actuators. One works well when I redirect the airflow, and the other does not do anything when I change any controls – might be the problem actuator! My Chilton manual does not help much on removing these actuators, but the wiring diagram does provide insight into which actuator is which as it identifies the color clips for each of the cars 4 actuators. The passenger side actuator has a green electrical plug – problem actuator identified, which also is attached to the white control arms that do nothing no matter how I try to change the settings. (Circled in green on the attached photo)

The “servo/actuator housing” (not sure what to call it) appears to hold 2 actuators (passenger side heat/AC Control is one (green electrical plug on the bottom), and the other is the defrost, vent floor control (red electrical plug on top). On the Toyota parts diagram, it’s #15 on the upper right.

After a lot of looking, it appears to be absolutely impossible to get at this actuator “housing” to remove it without removing the entire blower assembly.

My question – has anyone had any experience with this, and what is the correct procedure to remove this actuator

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
My question – has anyone had any experience with this, and what is the correct procedure to remove this actuator
You have done some good work getting to this point. I have not done this job but thought I would forward the attached TSB. The TSB itself is not applicable but it may give you some insight how to R&R the Servo's - not sure. Take a look....

Buckaroo

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have done some good work getting to this point. I have not done this job but thought I would forward the attached TSB. The TSB itself is not applicable but it may give you some insight how to R&R the Servo's - not sure. Take a look....

Buckaroo
Thanks much for the info. This appears to provide me insight if I can get the blower unit off, but I'm still trying to figure out how to take the blower unit off and get access without taking the dash apart, which I REALLY don't want to do.

I appreciate the info! I do see a reference to the removal of the AC Amplifier Assembly marked "2008 model year Camry HV (TMC) Repair Manual, Vehicle Interior – Heating/Air Conditioning", which I'm going to search for.

Thanks much!

Anyone else have any ideas???

Dean

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,606 Posts
The dashboard has to come out. If you send me a PM, I can you the documents covering removal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hardtopte72 - I'm taking my dash apart to fix a wonky blend unit that's not sending any heat to the passenger side of my 2007 Camry Hybrid. You mentioned to DigiDean that you had removal documents for the dash. I'd really appreciate seeing them as well. Thanks for any consideration. Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts