Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a used camry 2007 auto transmission. since the first day ive noticed that the car doesnt accelerate as it should. the average time for the 4 cylinder for 0-60mph(0-100kph) is around 10 seconds but my camry takes more than 20 sec :(. i really dont know whats wrong could some1 help me!!!

*i took it to the mechanic and he said it will fine after a few hundred miles but i dont really believe him.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Maybe you still have a bit of warranty left, or the dealership may be nice enough to work just outside of your warranty..

20 seconds to 100kph is quite a while! (That's just around 60mph.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well actually it was my frnds car nd he had an accident (a minor 1) involving the front bumper and the radiator which were replaced ofcors but there was some problem with the engine which i den replaced with a 20k 2008 camry engine so i dont really thnk its still under warranty and besides the toyota dealers here in ksa arent very friendly;)...i was thinkin maybe it has somthng to do with da new engine :S.....could any1 help me out with wat the problem could be?

G

·
In my opinion:

You need to take it to the dealer and have the Electronic control module reflashed with the latest software for your Vehicle ID number.

And or

Take it to the dealer and have them diagnose the specific complaint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts